All reviewswi fithe kitchensingle roomplace to staysteep hilltop floorheatersinktvcosy
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Located in prime location - walking distance to the center. The bedroom was nice. The heater worked fine. The decor made me feel like home. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Clean toilet and shower room. Wifi worked well sometimes. The parking lots were easy, if you couldn't get one nearby, there's always some that's a little far apart.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Good location and decent beds, especially for the price. Would stay here again. Staff are friendly too. A nice old building in reasonable condition. WiFi seemed a bit slow . Kitchen was fine and good atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I spent two nights at Chalet Backpackers. It is located on a steep road only a few minutes’ walk from the city centre. The historic brick building was nicely restored in great parts but has still kept some of the atmosphere of “the old days”. From the common rooms there are great views over the city and the harbour. I had a single room on the top floor. Even though it was located next to a bathroom with a very old flushing system the nights were fairly quiet. However, the mattress slats seemed quite old and need replacing. Also, the carpet on the floor of my room was a bit smelly. Staff was very helpful and friendly. For a short stay a good place to stay for all young people and for all those who are still young at heart.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The rooms were spacious with high ceilings which was very nice but made them cold even in December. Our heater didn't work, but we managed with layers and the blankets. The wifi worked well and the staff was so friendly; one girl even let me use her cellphone to call my next hostel. I would recommend staying here!

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We really had a lovely time when staying at the Chalet Backpackers. The old converted hospital has a lot of charm and the staff is very caring and attentive. We also loved that the kitchen was very well equipped, with even a fresh herbs garden. Free Unlimited WiFi and Pool table were just the cherry on top of the sunday!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends