Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$91
US$117
Agoda.com
US$70
Free cancellation until 17/12/21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2018

I was very disappointed in this motel. It needs a very large injection of cash to bring it into the 21st century. The decor was very mismatched, there was only 1 bedside table beside the queen size bed, odour of cigarette smoke was in the bedding and there were no towel rails to hang up your towels. The sliding glass doors looked out on grass that was in need of mowing. While this side of the room had curtains the entrance door which was made of transluscent glass had no blind or covering and a light shone in which made it very hard to get to sleep.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed here just the 1 night , thank goodness , it was the lowest cost place we stayed on our 19 night trip to the South Island - we quickly discovered why it was so cheap by comparison . First the lady in reception was very friendly and only too happy to offer suggestions of things to do in town . The room was a 2 bedroom motel room , the mattresses were not very comfortable so glad it was just 1 night . There was a heater and we needed it . The furniture is old , dated and in need up upgrade , the bedding is mismatched and again very dated , this place really needs to be gutted and completely re-done . There was plenty of hot water at least for showering , the room was clean except for the area at the side of the stove top - ( again a relic from the 70's or 80's ) where there was a delightful collection of food crumbs, scraps wedged into the crack between the stove top and the counter top .
The kitchen was not very well equipped and we had to request a frying pan in order for me to cook dinner for the night . Wi fi was good and TV worked fine . I wouldn't bother staying here again , it is very central but I need my sleep and I will pay the extra money for a decent bed .

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights but the room was so bad I refused to unpack anything. The furnishings and bedding date from the 60's. The decor is dark brown (I suspect to hide the dirt) and the room we were in smelt musty. There was a broken glass in the patio door which leads to a weedy area. The lady in the room facing ours said their room was fine so I suspect anyone using a booking agency such as booking.com to obtain a good price will end up with a room similar to ours. This is definitely one to avoid.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I recently stayed there with my husband. When we got there at three our room wasn't serviced and was told sorry about the toilet seat but that they had a rather large lady previous who had broken it. I accidentally lost the key to our unit and when our told our host , she was very critical about the whole thing. I actually went and paid to have another key cut only to be told that I didn't replace the key ring holder. Because we had paid for our three nights previous felt obliged to stay there. My husband actually said that we would have been better sleeping on the floor because the bed was so hard...

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I recently stayed here on my own and booked at short notice to visit my Mother in the rest home. The studio room I booked wasn't available due to other bookings coming in simultaneously from other booking sites. Instead I was upgraded to a one bedroom unit at no extra cost. The motel is very comfortable and the owners most obliging and helpful. The room was well appointed and tastily furnished. Even though by a main road, was very quiet. Just a short walk to Countdown, garage, Invercargill working men's Club. Would highly recommend this to anyone. A very nice stay, thank you.

Date of stay: June 2017