Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
US$128
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$94
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
Hotels.comUS$128
Priceline
CheapTicketsUS$128
All reviews stewart island no elevator cosy bar heavy bags lovely historic hotel old building warm welcome modern bathroom seafood chowder blue cod room was large en route excellent hosts ground floor southern hospitality central location would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2020

Firstly how beautiful is the railway hotel from the road. Upon arrival, Tom greeted us with a warm welcome, places to visit nearby and a bit of history as we were escorted through the hall to our rooms. Rooms were amazing, with a bright bathroom and all the facilities to feel at home. We had a beer in the cosy bar while we waited for our dinner. Hands down the BEST seafood chowder I have had in years!! I cannot recommend this place more, the service was perfect!! Close to the city centre and airport. Thank you Tom and Rose for your hospitality! I will be telling everyone I know going to Invercargill, to stay with you! I hope to see you both next time I am in Invercargill - all the best!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

Totally agree with the other 5 star reviewers - Tom & Rose are outstanding hosts who take real pride in everything to do, the hotel is not only quaint but is historically significant, and the hotel is very well appointed.
I will stay there anytime I need to go to Invercargill.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank C9656MNsimonb
Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

Had a great stay at this downtown Hotel which has real character about it

Room was large and had everything you needed

The hospitality is fantastic with hosts Tom and Rose. They are always available to give advice and help

The hotel has a small bar for guests which has a real homely feeling.

Breakfast is available, well priced and great quality.

It is nice to stay in a hotel where you are made to feel at home rather than the big chains

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2020

Tom and Rose were so lovely. The heater was on in our room when we arrived, they were friendly and accommodating. We had a drink in the bar and enjoyed their company. It just had a lovely feeling. Our room was spotless. A real delight. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2020

This is a very cosy, well equipped, very quiet, renovated, boutique accommodation provider.
It has a great central location, the staff are lovely and smilingly helpful.
The cost reflected the amenities very fairly.
Naomi and I enjoyed the hospitality offered and will return.

Date of stay: August 2020