Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews stewart island no elevator cosy bar heavy bags lovely historic hotel old building warm welcome modern bathroom seafood chowder blue cod room was large en route excellent hosts ground floor southern hospitality central location would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2021

Great characterful hotel, super friendly host, nice room, great breakfast. Good location. We didn't have dinner there, but the menu looked interesting and, judging by the breakfast, it would have probably been good.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank 964francess
Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

Excellent hosts. Asked to change room from side, (quieter) to front with view over rail yard. Not a problem. Great Wi-Fi, and excellent restaurant with private bar. Would stay again for sure.
Free parking in adjacent car park building secure at night.
Awesome old building done up

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

The title reads, quaint hotel but hides the warm service from the hosts. From the personal greeting to showing you to your room. They cared about every detail. The hotel is walking distance from all eateries but boasts its own restaurant again quaint style. I would love to bring my wife here for a weekend get away.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

What a little gem! Tom and Rose were fabulous hosts, who went the extra mile to make our stay just perfect.
As we sat eating our meal, I was trying to think of an excuse to make another trip to Invercargill, as our brief one night stay wasn’t enough.
Tom gave us excellent advice on what was going on and Rose really looked after us in the restaurant. They even prepared a special dish for our nine year which he loved! The mushroom risotto and the muscles were divine.
I highly recommend staying here, the restaurant and bar are for exclusive use of the people staying - so no public bar feel here.
Just book it

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2020

Firstly how beautiful is the railway hotel from the road. Upon arrival, Tom greeted us with a warm welcome, places to visit nearby and a bit of history as we were escorted through the hall to our rooms. Rooms were amazing, with a bright bathroom and all the facilities to feel at home. We had a beer in the cosy bar while we waited for our dinner. Hands down the BEST seafood chowder I have had in years!! I cannot recommend this place more, the service was perfect!! Close to the city centre and airport. Thank you Tom and Rose for your hospitality! I will be telling everyone I know going to Invercargill, to stay with you! I hope to see you both next time I am in Invercargill - all the best!

Date of stay: November 2020