“Great steak, even better service”

Jervois Steak House Queenstown
Ranked #18 of 287 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere and ambience was perfect with a cozy setting. Not to mention the perfectly done medium rare wagyu steak, best I've ever had. Special thanks and compliments for our waiter, Bianca, who upon learning about our predicament (we were about to be late for our stargazing session), helped to rush our order with the kitchen and even helped to contact our stargazing guide to tell them that we were going to be late. She totally went the extra mile to help a bunch of lost tourists.
10/10 food, 10/10 ambience, 10/10 service.

Jervoissteakhouseqt, Manager at Jervois Steak House Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi BryanKow,

Thank you for the positive feedback.

It is such a pleasure to see that you had the best time dining with us. We love the fact that Bianca made your evening special and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

JSH Queenstown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We attended as Jervois Steak House was literally 100m from where we were staying. I had the Firstlight Rump & my wife had the crispy duck breast. Both were faultless. I usually have steak cooked the same each time, however the chef recommended differently. I’m glad I took the chefs recommendation, a perfect steak. Each time we’re in Queenstown, we’ll have a booking at Jervois.

Hi JohnsiesonHol,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are delighted to see that you had a great time dining with us. Our staff is always happy to recommend and advise our guests to provide the best experience possible.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon during your next trip to Queenstown.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Trying to make a booking on-line was extremely difficult, we tried, an iPhone, Huawei and a Windows phone, several times, we finally got through there is a problem with the Mobile App moving from one field to another. Lucky for them we are tenacious. The service was good, although, for a table of six, she could easily have sold us another bottle of 'good' wine, but didn't ask, we had the feeling that they wanted to close, it was a Sunday night and cold! Two of the party mentioned they were disappointed with their steaks, 1 - Wagu and 1 eye fillet, my Sirloin on the bone was delicious! I love the Auckland restaurant, I wouldn't rush back to the Queenstown restaurant. We all had three courses! Oh and the phone number on their websites are different!

Hi kellymilesnz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience at JSH Queenstown. We would never want our customers to feel like we are pushing them out the door and I apologize if you felt this way by any means. The meat we provide is exactly the same at both our restaurants therefore it is surprising to hear that some of the steaks you had were "disappointing". Your waitress checked on your meal, at that time everything was good at your table. We always encourage our customers to mention if there is any issue during their dinner so we can try to find a way to fix the problem.

Regarding the booking system, we have checked it and it booked tables with different devises and didn't have any issues. In the mean time the phone number mentioned on our websites is correct. Therefore, if you wouldn't mind to send me a personal email with the internet link with the wrong number and explain which on-line booking platform you were trying to use, I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is: romain@queenstownjsh.co.nz

We hope to see you again in our Queenstown restaurant to leave you with a better opinion of us.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This is what I called a serious meat to die for! For years, I have been scouring for the best steak in New Zealand and today I have finally found it! From their friendly staff to their mouth-watering succulent steaks, this is by far the best steakhouse in New Zealand......... ever!! And I’m planning on coming back again soon.. thats for sure !!

Hi Joe K,

Thank you for the positive feedback.

It is a great pleasure to read that your experience with us went that well.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again soon to satisfy your steak craving.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This steakhouse are very highly recommended so I was excited to try some local beef and hopefully discover something new.
However, my experience was mostly a disappointment.
Cesar salad was soaked in the dressing and between the egg, anchovies and dried bacon, had way too many things, yet not enough flavor. Both steaks came out way undercooked, mashed potatoes were the best part, and mushrooms were unremarkable.
Service was not good and it took forever to get our food.
However, the management did apologize stating they were really busy and took off a lot of the food of the check. Which I appreciated, but I would have rather had a great dinner.

Hi Tatyana R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are sorry to hear that your dining experience at Jervois Steakhouse didn't reach your expectations. We always try to give the best service possible to all our customers. Your waitress checked on your and offered to cook your steak a bit more which you refused. I will pass on to the chefs your remark about the Caesar salad to understand what went wrong for you.

Once again we apologize for your disappointing experience and we hope to see you again soon to improve your opinion about us.