Te Anau Kiwi Holiday Park
US$138
US$134
Bella Vista Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
US$106
US$84
Agoda.com
Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$101
Agoda.com
Arran Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$63
Agoda.com
Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$30
Agoda.com
Explorer Motel Te Anau(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$71
Agoda.com
Aden Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$67
Priceline
Lakefront Lodge(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$106
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsholiday parkthe kitchenbasic ammenitiesreception staff were greatperfect central locationmilford soundlocal garagepowered pitchcommunal showersclose to towncamper vanbathroom toiletlovely spotgreat amenitiesstayed here for two nightsbeyond the call of dutybase camp
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My lovely wife and I spent a couple of nights at this holiday park after a week of tramping. This kind of place serves a purpose in such circumstances as it gives you a chance to have a hot shower and do some laundry. It is, however, totally soulless and rather depressing.

The tent sites are pretty awful. We have a small car and a small tent but struggled to fit them and one of the few picnic tables available into the space provided. Moreover, the tent sites are bounded on one side by highway 94 - which is a fairly busy road - and on the other by the car park used by people staying in the motel rooms/cabins. Hardly scenic or tranquil! But at least the sites are flat and grassy.

Sadly the kitchen was filthy when we tried to make dinner at 830pm on the night we arrived. I just couldn't face cooking there so ended up getting my camping stove out and preparing dinner in the dark on our tiny dismal site. All rather bleak. We cooked early on the second night before the great unwashed had left their detriois behind. This was much better but, alas, it was once again a complete mess by 8pm. I therefore advise eating an early dinner.

Really not a great place to stay. Maybe it is fine if you are in a camper van or in one of the motel units or cabins. But if you are in a tent I suggest you look elsewhere for somewhere to stay. We have previously stayed in Kiwi parks in Napier & Wanaka and they were much better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Te Anau Kiwi H, Guest Relations Manager at Te Anau Kiwi Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Park. I'm sorry to hear of your experience with some of our facilities.

In regards to our tent sites, they are of varying sizes and we try to do our best to accommodate guests that have different tent and vehicle sizes as best we can. Because of the convenience of our central location it does mean we are next to the main road into Te Anau. This usually quietens down around 7pm after the traffic from Milford Sound has returned.

The kitchen can be a very busy place indeed, especially in peak season and peak dinner time. Our staff do try to pop in when they can but our guests need to take responsibility to clean up after themselves in the communal areas.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Holiday.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived here late after driving from Queenstown and found the holiday park easily.

We stayed in a small cabin but shared bathroom. You could park right in front of you cabin and the toilets and showers were only a 30 second walk to the cabin. Everything was clean.

We didn’t use the kitchen facilities, only the fridge, but everything looked clean and tidy and the kitchen was very popular.

The holiday park is in a beautiful location and is ideal for accessing Milford Sound which is the reason we stayed here.

Decent little resort and would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I personally would not advise anyone to stay at this site, definitely the worst experience of five weeks using sites around New Zealand.

Staff extremely unhelpful when there is a problem of their making, just stating read your terms and conditions.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Te Anau Kiwi H, Manager at Te Anau Kiwi Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. Unfortunately I am unaware of the issue so unable to help you out with this review. In general our staff are very friendly and helpful, we do have procedures that they need to follow.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Great powered pitch no 25 for motorhome for two nights. Quiet, helpful friendly staff and good facilities. However, some backpackers and renters had no idea how to clean up after themselves in the toilet/shower block. J cloths provided at sinks and exceptionally clean when we arrived, but soon was just a mess.
Ideal location close to town, eateries and lake.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Our family stayed there the night before walking the Kepler track. The reception staff were great and Margaret was incredibly helpful. The Accomodation was clean and basic, I thought we were able to cook but not in our rooms and as i didn't have pans, Margaret loaned me a large pan otherwise our food would have been wasted The place is is a great location, easy walking distance great restaurants and a supermarket. Again Margaret helped organise getting us to the start of the track s we had not booked anything, thanks Liz (Waiheke)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Te Anau Kiwi H, Owner at Te Anau Kiwi Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thanks for your kind review Liz, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you enjoyed your walk. I'll be sure to pass this on to Margaret.