All reviewsmilford soundjanebaseunithostutensilskitchen
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Templanoe Cottages for a few nights this month.
The buildings are located right on Te Anau’s Main Street (don’t be deceived by the lovely photos of mountain peaks on the Booking.com website!) which I assume is good for people without a car. The cottage I stayed in had a tiny bathroom, but it was clean and perfectly adequate for my modest needs.
My only problem with the place was the price tag: if you book early enough you can find luxury accommodation for less just outside Te Anau!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We had expected a lot more for what we paid. The good things are that The hotel is conveniently located and the kitchen amenities were excellent. However our stay was very uncomfortable. There was absolutely no air circulation in the room. Even though at night the temperatures dropped considerably, the room was very warm and stuffy. We tried to leave the windows open but that only resulted in swarms of insects flying in the room. The windows had no screen. We felt itchy all night perhaps thinking about being bitten by insects? Also the host was enjoying company of guests very late into the night and it was too noisy for us. We barely slept at night and couldnt wait to leave. You might consider bringing your own shampoo. Unless we missed it, we didnt find any.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed at Templenoe for 3 nights in March. A very relaxing location. It was a welcome sanctuary after spending 10 nights in a camper van. Jane and Dave were excellent hosts - I felt so at home and didn't want to leave. I was planning on driving to Milford Sound but they both recommended that I go on an organised trip. Dave was right when he said the journey up to the Sound was all part of it and as a solo driver I would've definitely missed out on so much. As I was travelling on my own Jane also took some time out to take me along part of the Keppler trail and show me around the outlying area of Te Anau.
If you find yourself planning a trip to Milford Sound I would definitely recommend using Templenoe Cottages as a base.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Booked Into Templenoe Cottages never having been to Te Anau before.
A superb location to explore Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound. Lots of local amenities including Kayaking and Horse Riding. Took a trip to Milford Sound and a helicopter ride to stand on top of a local glacier. Amazing experience.

Dave and Jane were our hosts at the cottages. A delightful couple who keep very comfortable, clean and cozy cottages.

Highly recommended- better to stay with n Te Anau then take day trips from Queenstown (eliminates hours of driving to see the sites that should not be missed)

Rating - 9.5 out of ten

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Basic, but clean and convenient room. Wi-fi was frustratingly bad in the room and was annoying not having a wardrobe as often useful to hang things up especially after getting wet at Milford Sound. About a 5 min walk into town. No laundry facilities on site, but a launderette about 5 mins away - again useful after trekking around Milford sound!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple