“Big surprise”
Review of Takaro Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Te Anau
Takaro Lodge
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My holidays at Takaro Were a big surprise. Friends recommended me to go there but I guess there are no words to describe this beautiful, untouched place. You just need to go there and feel it. The nature, the wooden houses with grass on the roof,....and peace - I mean real peace: no cars, no airplanes, no buses,... Even the staff there is extremely warm and peaceful. I really enjoyed my staying there, I came back home recharged so everybody was asking me where I was that I look so good and rejuvenated. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank bridget826

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently met up with a colleague of mine in New Zealand for a most wonderful week at Takaro Lodge. I loved the relaxing ambiance of the place, and the attentive service from the staff at all times, was most welcome.

I've been successful in my work for some time now, and have reached that certain age where health and peace is top priority for where I choose to go for holidays and business related travel - like meetings and events.

Quite simply, the location was great, the chalets are beautiful, astounding nature is all around - and there are lots of fun things to do in New Zealand, which is a small place, so we were spoilt for choice.

I was so impressed by the effectiveness and quality of their lifestyle programs that I already booked to come back again later in the year, to stay for a longer time and bring even more colleagues! The thing is, when you are so relaxed, and enjoying, work is much more enjoyable and most importantly for me, more creative and productive. Definitely one of the top locations in the world - and I've been all over. Thanks Takaro!

Room Tip: The fancy room they have are according to 5 elements, which is a Chinese Feng Shui concept and novel...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Edi S
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed everything about the stay at Takaro Rejuvenation Retreat - it’s a long way
to travel from Europe but so worth it, it fulfilled every promise to rejuvenate me!
The helpful staff taking care of me, the organic wild game and fish and the healthy
oriental meals, herbal teas and those morning exercises on the front lawn at sunrise
were spectacular. I really recharged in that mountain air. Everyone took advantage
of the activities included with a hike on the Kepler, Milford Sound, Te Anau Glow worm
cruise and Queenstown shopping . The lodge is beautiful and my room was perfect and
the experience was world class.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Mladi
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I spent 5 weeks on Takaro Lodge during the Christmas and New Year. What can I say, this lodge is pure peace. If you are looking for a place where you can let go of stress and pressure of busy city life, this is a place to go. Takaro Lodge is a wonderful mix of classic and modern. In one way you are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded with forest and wild animals (from a safe distance :-), but at the same time you are served with luxury services and living in a modern apartment which can go neck to neck with any 5 star hotel room.

We did a lot of trips and walks in the area, the possibility of exploring are endless and you will never be bored, every day the wonderful crew will figure out something new to do or visit.

And on those days when we didn't feel the need to go somewhere, we just chilled around the lodge and enjoyed glass of wine next to the fire place. It's just perfect.

Room Tip: They have special 5 Elements chalets, ask Takaro staff for an element analysis, so they can fit you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Johnyqi
phenomena_12, Front Office Manager at Takaro Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi,

We are delighted that you got so much from your time here and the decision to extend your Retreat was worthwhile. We feel that whatever our clients and guests invest in their wellbeing it is repaid in the results they achieve in their energy levels and ability to focus on their goals and achieve better than ever business results. You really made the most of taking time to relax and balanced it well with joining in our activities. Please feel free to contact us at anytime to ask about our programs for 2014/15. It was a pleasure to have you both staying and we look forward to welcome you back again next time.

Thank you on behalf of the Takaro Team.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

That was my the best holiday ever! After leaving crowded city and work behind, from the moment I lended on New Zaland that immense peacefulness fulfilled my mind, body and soul. And Takaro Lodge made that experience even more intense. Oh my...that's really Heaven on Earth...special energy, beautiful nature, organic food, warm people, peace, peace, peace...
I returned home recharged and revitalized and looking forward to repeat this experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo