All reviews the heated bathroom floor the kitchen milford sound quiet street town centre spa bath little things well equipped kitchenette bedroom apartment new zealand nigel motel lake bathrobes microwave accommodation nz
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The place was basic but clean. Good location for us near beach and close enough to walk to town with a 6 and 10 year old. Beds were really soft, no extractor fan in the kitchen area meant the smoke alarm went off every time we cooked or put toast in - no we were not burning the food! The bit I really did not like was the noise in the mornings. I guess some people had early tours and so had early starts. Most mornings we were woken around 7am if not earlier.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We just stopped over in Te Anau on our way to the Fjords to cut down on the drive time. This place served its purpose as a place to sleep on a stop over. It does have a small kitchen in the units, which had the basic necessities to cook a quick meal too. This was a nice bonus. Although it did break up our drive, if we had it to do over again I think we would have reserved a spot at Milford lodge. This has nothing to do with this hotel itself, but we still had a 2.5 hour drive the next day.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Well located, quiet, very comfortable. We spent six days there and it was perfect. The studio had a well equipped kitchenette. There is a small backyard with red roses along the fence , where each unit has a small table and chairs. We often ate out there watching and listening to the birds around. Lovely. The bathroom functions very well, with plenty of space for toiletries. There is a heated towel holder, and heated flooring in the bathroom. The Anchorage was a perfect base for exploring Fiordland , Milford Sound etc. The room was clean and well cared for.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Anchorage Motel is in an ideal location for exploring Te Anau and the Lake

The shops & restaurants are within 10 minutes walk

The rooms are spacious and clean with good facilities and parking is available outside your room

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I booked for a couple of nights in early September with the intention of travelling to Milford Sound one day. As it turns out, the weather was awful, snow and avalanche danger closed the road to Milford. Instead I had a relaxing warm time in the motel. I stayed in a spacious clean apartment with everything I could need.

I have to give special thanks to the owners. When I left, I inadvertently left a couple of fairly expensive items of clothing in one of the wardrobes, and did not discover this until some days later. They very kindly posted them to me at my Australian address and I received them within a week.

I will be back with my wife in April 2018 and hope to stay at Anchorage again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo