US$120
US$96
Green Gables Motel(Dubbo)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$99
Shearing Shed Motor Inn(Dubbo)(Great Value!)
US$83
Abel Tasman Motor Inn(Dubbo)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$92
US$113
US$90
US$149
All reviewsbudget roomexecutive roombedroom cottagezoo ticketsclean roomsgreat place to stayfantastic stayonsite restaurantcomfy bedfree wifielectric blanketscooked breakfastcleaning staffoff the highwayair conditioningmain streetquiet location
Reviewed 26 December 2017

A friendly motel, only 800m from the main street. Power points either side of bed plus 3 other double ones. Small fridge and microwave with toaster, kettle and crockery. Rooms freshly painted white and refurbished. Free Wifi. Best motel I've stayed at in Dubbo. Could do with softer pillows but otherwise highly recommend.

Room Tip: No noise policy, they sell sleep!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane E
Murray G, Owner at Matilda Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hi Diane, thanks so much for your fabulous review, we both appreciate that you took the time out to post it. So very pleased you found everything as we hoped you would. We look forward to seeing you again and please contact reception for some new pillows if you find them uncomfortable, we are here to please and like to ensure all our guests sleep well. Travel safe and regards Sharon and Murray.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The room was awesome doble bed for my dad single for me both comfy as the pool was great with 40 degree days and the pool being semi covered it was a must found matilda to be close to the shops and food was a great stay

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank glenn w
Murray G, Owner at Matilda Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Hi Glenn, thanks so much for your 5 bubble review, we both appreciate that you took the time out to post it. So very pleased you found everything as we hoped you would. Pleased to see you gave the pool a work out, it was a hot week! We look forward to seeing you again, travel safe and regards Sharon & Murray.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Well I arrived and was greeted with spectacular service. I was so impressed for a 3 star and after a 5hr drive it was much appreciated. The food, the room service and the customer service from the staff in the evening of the 20/12 was exceptional. Even though it was clearly very busy with Tilly’s restaurant Xmas groups and the motel service.
THEN the next day I woke up to find the back of the work car dinged in. A fairly new grey 4WD with white scrapes along the back. Obviously it had been swiped by a car throughout the night or early morning. I went straight to reception and dealt with a tall man with grey hair. Care factor was ZERO. Umm, go to the Police. So I did that. Long story short, event created and told they will contact Matilda’s to see what info they could get. So dumb me gets back only to see cameras pointed at my car spot and several others. So I go and ask said concierge - ‘don’t the cameras work?’. He couldn’t care less. Didn’t look at the car or give one bit of effort to help. He tells me that yes the cameras do work, and it’s up to the Police to ask for the footage. Meanwhile Police email back to say Matilda’s will need to go through the footage and look for the incident. NEEDLESS TO SAY TWO DAYS LATER I’VE HEARD NOTHING.
Thanks for nothing.
So, now for further critique of the room. I paid for 3 star I got it in there. Air con is paltry for summer weather in Dubbo.
It’s dated.
There was a huge crack across the wall and up through the ceiling.
The toilet drain was smelly enough to pervade the room.
Night staff service 20/12/17 was 10/10
Day staff service 21/12/17 was 0/10
The trip was paid through a corporate travel service and I will be feeding this back to them too.
Needless to say I won’t be travelling 5hrs to stay at Matilda’s again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hello Melissa, so sorry to read you had a issue with your car whilst you stayed with us and so very sorry you felt our team was not helpful with the issue. Firstly thanks for the great comments on our evening team and the "spectacular service" comment and sorry you where unable to rate us 5 out of 5 as you mentioned. Very sorry to read you had some issues with your room, please next time (no matter where you stay) advise reception of any issues so they can be rectified immediately (as can be seen by the vast majority of all other reviews, our mantra is customer service and satisfaction) , I will look into the AC operation to ensure it works satisfactorily (yours is the first complaint about it) and also follow up any odours from the drain and thank you for your input otherwise we would not be aware of any issues. As to the car I will personally review the video and report any incident/damage (if in fact it was caused on site) to you and the police. So very sorry that damage to your car (that was not our fault) caused you not to enjoy your stay with us. Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2018 and regards Sharon & Murray.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Travelling from central Queensland to Sydney, the Matilda Motor Inn was a great overnight rest stop after 900klms of driving. My first impressions were 'these people care' about their patrons. My first impression was not wrong. The staff were friendly yet efficient, the rooms very clean and pleasantly presented. They even had a scrub brush bucket and windscreen cleaner at sever key spots, so that you could clean your windscreen and the bugs from your car. We took advantage of the onsite restaurant which was great. The food was delicious and well presented. I would recommend thoroughly this place as a all in one stopover. They even had a great pool for those who want to cool down after a day's adventuring. Well done Matilda, you've got my tick of approval.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Murray G, Owner at Matilda Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Hi David, thanks so much for taking the time out to post your amazing review, we both really appreciate that you did. So glad you found our team helpful and friendly (as I expected you would). Pleased to read you enjoyed a meal at our Tilly's restaurant and bar. The windscreen washers are very popular with our guests. We look toward to seeing ou again, merry Christmas and travel safe regards Sharon and Murray.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Very conveniently located motel just off the main road. Rooms are clean, well equipped and a decent size. Good powerful shower. Only a 5 min walk to the river and Macquarie Street. Swimming pool is a nice bonus. Would definitely stay here again if travelling through Dubbo.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanWhite68
Murray G, Owner at Matilda Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hi DanWhite68, thanks so much for taking he time out to post your fantastic review, we both appreciate that you did. So pleased you found everything as we hoped you would. We get lots of comments on our showers and location which is just great. We look forward to seeing you again, travel safe and regards Sharon and Murray.