Novotel Newcastle Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Room Service
Clarendon Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Noah's On the Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$112
Junction Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crown On Darby Newcastle(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$102
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
US$64
US$49
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
The Premier Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$60
Agoda.com
Merewether Motel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
The Grand Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$67
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolping ponghour supermarketoutdoor barbecue areaanti social behaviourone nightgreat place to stayfree wifistay there againhosteldormlcdtvsurfboardaccommodation
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

came to Newcastle to watch wellington Phoenix play Newcastle jets at the stadium (football). stayed here on recommendation of friends and family who have stayed here.
the pool is definitely a bonus when weather was like today.

will come back next time I am in Newcastle

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2016

It suited my needs perfectly, as it gave me a quiet comfortable dorm bed and access to a well organised kitchen and sometimes access to a bicycle. The hostel consists of a newish purpose built communal area, with kitchen, pool, hammock space, bbq area etc at the back of two older houses which contain the dorms/bathrooms etc. The hostel is well staffed, with plenty of attention to cleaning, making sure the kitchen works (labelled stuff in fridge and shelves and ensuring washing up gets done) and responding to anti-social behaviour.
The houses particularly could do with some more skilled maintenance than they get, things look superficially a bit run down, but the beds in my dorm were new with good firm mattresses, and I didn't sneeze at all, even though I am very sensitive to dust.
There are some friendly helpful longer term residents who are staying while they work, along with the usual stream of short stay backpackers, lots of Germans while I was there.
I stayed for six nights to be in Newcastle for an event that stretched over three days so I had plenty of opportunity to explore the area. It is located on the boundary between a residential area, and a dreary commercial zone of car sales yards and similar. A 24 hour supermarket (Coles at least, and possibly the Woolworths is as well) is about half a km away, and there is that arrangement where all bus trips to and from downtown are free before 6pm.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I visited on the weekend, for a conference. My initial impression was that the facilities were a bit run down, but I was blown over by the friendly people that I met while staying there. The location was convenient, being walking distance from Beaumont street too. I have to mention James, one of the long-term residents especially, who struck up a conversation with me and made sure that I felt at home. He invited me to join them for drinks and made me a part of their conversation. Thank you to Dave and also Matt at reception.

Room Tip: Nearest to the reception had quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Picked up from station ,awesome start. Clean facilities. Great showers Staff friendly. 24 hour supermarket near bye. Coastal walk with beautiful beaches Merewether ocean baths the best and the largest pool in oz. Free public transport up and down the Main Street.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Was a great experience, even though their was some confusion with our bookings (they thought we were 3 people not 3 rooms full of people) they made it work for us even adding beds to rooms so we could be together.

Upon returning at three am we were quiet welcome to stay out in the common area and continue our partying till dawn. We expected to get into trouble but every body was cheery and nice to us, saying we were fine!

Thanks for helping our night to be awesome

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends