“Lovely place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My 3yr old son and I had a lunch date here, and it was lovely. The staff were very welcoming and made sure my son was included in the experience, by giving him a cup for the water and a menu for him to look at. We sat outside as it was a beautiful morning, but unfortunately it started to rain so the wonderful staff helped move us inside. I ordered the Chicken BLAT, and a coffee, and ordered my son the French toast with ice cream, and a babychino. The drinks came out first, but the food took quite a lot longer. It was busy, but we weren't in a rush. My food was amazing, and yummy, but I found that my son's French toast was very large (almost the size of a large piece of cheese cake)and much too sweet, so all he ate was the icecream.
My experience was great and I would return, as they have great coffee and the staff were lovely.
My only negative is the kids menu doesn't offer much. I think it was the French toast, bacon & eggs, or chicken &chips. I would suggest adding just toast and a spread for kids.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed The Locale’s laidback format a number of times before and have never been disappointed.

Yesterday’s breakfast was no exception with a delicious selection of items available on the menu. I had the field mushrooms with poached egg - lovely! My wife had the eggs Benedict with hollandaise sauce - a nice choice.

The coffee is reasonable and they serve French earl grey tea - my wife’s favourite.

A nice breakfast in a non-fussy setting. Great!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 8am on Sat. No booking needed however by 9:30 it was super busy, bookings recommended. Lots of staff, great service. Awesome coffee. Unusual breakfasts available including Nasi Goreng and spicy Mexican. Some chairs were very uncomfortable and it got noisy, not ideal for older customers. Trendy, young crowd.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

What a delight to see a old friend and catch up for a chat . So off to The Local , half way for both of us . But Don't go on a Sunday morning ,the noise level will get you .Coffee good but not great .Service good and friendly .But could hardly hear ourselves over the noise of children every table seemed to have just as many children as adults ..And boy the children let you know they are sitting and want attention ...........Never again on a Sunday

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite spot in Newcastle for breakfast. Great variety, very fresh and
different from the normal breakfasts you’ll find everywhere else. Highly recommend!