“Couldn't fault it”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I often have lunch with friends at different darby st restaurants and this has good food, like some others, and great service, like some others, but which I rarely find in combination. On this most recent wednesday lunchtime I particularly noted the promptness of the service - plain water on the table almost before we sat down, menus, drinks etc, and how pleasant the waitress was. My friend and i ordered from the breakfast menu - i had the avocado toast which came with fetta and perfectly poached eggs - really nice for a light lunch. My friend had a burger and said it was the best one they'd had in ages. The food came out in good time as well.

1  Thank Leanne P

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Three Monkeys is my favourite cafe. The food is brilliant, the layout of the building works really well and the staff are lovely, prompt with taking orders and really know the menu and can answer any questions.

I am quite a picky eater, so for about two years Three Monkeys was pretty much the only place I’d agree to go to (yes my friends had to put up with that, but thankfully it’s a great place that everyone loves so they didn’t mind).

It’s a great place to take kids and the staff make no complaints about cleaning up mess after kids eating.

They occasionally change their menu, but haven’t made any major changes in the past few years. I really like their vegetarian nachos and they’ve changed them a bit but kept the item on the menu. They have an extensive smoothie list with lots of delicious options. The staff are happy to accomodate any requests to alter the meals as the food is made to order. For a place that is often busy the meals come surprisingly quickly, I never feel like I’m waiting too long for my meal. Drinks arrive very quickly.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Newcastle and it is my favourite place for brunch with friends.

1  Thank miwarose
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great cafe with lots of delicious options for breakfast. We all loved our meals, including our 5 and 8 year old kids. It did take quite a while for our meals to arrive (around 40 minutes) as they were very busy so not somewhere to go if time is an issue. Aside from that, this place is highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

So fresh, amazing freshly squeezed orange juice the Poke Bowl was to die for, so light and fulfilling. Fabulous service all of the staff very friendly.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Three Monkeys is a pleasant little establishment on Darby St. It has a small downstairs area, a larger upstairs area, and then a nice outside courtyard. All of the areas are comfortable and ambient. The food is good quality and flavoursome, and their wide range of smoothies are really delicious.