Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$125
SAVE US$14
eDreamsUS$139
Expedia.comUS$139
CheapTicketsUS$139
All reviews moroccan room dungeon room culinary skills tribal room private library attentive hosts place to stay boutique hotel a wonderful stay great room peter sandy succulent henderson eclectic accommodation privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2021

My husband and I scouted this Retreat probably around 6 months back through a Tamworth local but we didn’t have a chance to stay then. Peter met and greeted us at the door showing us around while his wife Sandy was hosting their guests doing some behind the scenes work, and that was the most amazing experience we’d ever had. There were so many luxury resorts in the world which offered some incredible experiences, but Retreat at Froog-Moore Park was different and unique like no other.

This time we were on our 3-week road trip in NSW as our Xmas & NY holiday, we chose to stay here as our end of trip reward. We chose to stay in Japanese themed room this time while there were other 4 different themed rooms to choose from for our future reference, those rooms all have Peter and Sandy’s personal collections and stories blended in their creations which I liked. We booked to have Retreat guests ONLY dinner created and cooked by Sandy who is the author of her cookbook which I purchased and she runs regular cooking classes (re-open in Mar). What a great combination!

We booked two dinners (optional) which I highly recommend and had one canapé & drink which was part of our celebration package at the Retreat, we enjoyed it so much and can’t wait to go back.

If you are looking for a personalised experience, uniqueness and personal space, this romantic, quirky and sweet Retreat would be an ideal choice for you. Peter and Sandy are locals who were born in Tamworth and like to share their love of their town and stories to their guests. They are both well travelled and well spoken to be able to relate to their guests in a wide range. My husband and I just LOVED it!

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 December 2020

This property is very special in so many ways. From the warm welcome by our hosts Peter and Sandy, the unique decor in the foyer, our room and the gardens, you immediately feel like you are in for a very special experience - and you are. We stayed in the Japanese room which was beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. The attention to detail was amazing. Breakfast prepared by Sandy was absolutely delicious. If you are going to Tamworth, do yourself a favour and stay here.

Date of stay: December 2020
Sandy Moore, Owner at Retreat at Froog-Moore Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Thanks Vicki firstly for discovering us and booking your recent stay and secondly for your review. It really helps our future guests to build an accurate picture of the experience that awaits them. Travel well and enjoy the next adventure.

Reviewed 11 December 2020

Attention women travelling alone, this beautiful retreat is a serene safe haven. Only 5 stars does not do this establishment justice!!!

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a Placement at the Tamworth Hospital. Sandy and Peter instantly made me feel at ease and welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. I came home at the end of very long days to the amazing, peaceful gardens and the promise of some of the most amazing meals I have ever had, all created in Sandys personal kitchen. The room was decorated with such attention to detail and I was left wanting for nothing. Peter is an attentive host, without being 'in your face and who almost knows what you need before you do.

Peter and Sandy are to of the kindest, warmest people and at the end of my stay I feel I had made two new friends and I will definitely be calling when I am coming through town to catch up over a cuppa!

I could go on for pages about this place and all its wonderful glory but I will end it here by saying I will be returning time and again for business and pleasure!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Tammy you have melted our hearts. Thanks for sharing your review. We loved having you in house. We look forward to your next visit, be it a cuppa or over night.

Reviewed 30 November 2020

Recently stayed here for two nights and it was perfect. I stayed in the Tribal room which was very authentic and fun! I have some dietary requirements which were catered for exquisitely. The food is first class. On my last day I checked out early to visit a horse stud but my flight home was not until 5:40pm...No problem, Sandy and Peter allowed me back in my room to freshen up before the flight! Covid safe practices has some advantages. Dining area has a perfect view over beautiful gardens. The Retreat at Froog-Moore Park is the only place for me...Enjoy!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

Set in 1 1/2 acres of scented gardens - full of flowering shrubs, herbs and vegetables and decorated with eclectic sculptures from around the world - our two nights at Froog-Moore Park were a brilliant finale to a week’s traveling in the New England region with good friends.

From the minute we walked down the main entrance and spied the brightly coloured patterned velvet sofas inside we knew we were in for something ‘different’. What could have felt ‘over the top’ actually hit the right mark. We were soon laughing and smiling and relaxing in what is a very different and unusual space.

We had the Moroccan room and our friends were in the Japanese Room. None of us had opted for the Dungeon Room!

Peter and Sandy are superb hosts, with culinary skills to match. We are so glad we had booked to have dinner ‘in’ both nights. The food was delicately balanced, fresh and interesting. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple