“Absolutely the Best by Sushi Sommerleir”
Review of Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #53 of 482 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Best place in town to get sushi! I tried four or five sushi restaurants be for I found Sakura. I wish I found it sooner. The sushi is to die for. I could have their sushi every day.

Also the Udon soup is fantastic as well. I usually don't like tofu soup but it is phenomenal here.

Thanks for reading, and thank you Sakura's!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We just love this place. They have very good and tasty Japanese food. It is always fresh and yummy !!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My family took me here for my birthday - an authentic Japanese restaurant tucked away in a laneway. Loved the mix of tuna, salmon & snapper sashimi, soft shell crab, tempura vegetables, sashimi salmon tacos and several other dishes that I cannot recall the names of but all very enjoyable. The service was good and we were also able to bring our own wine (there is a bottle shop just across from the restaurant). Will definitely be going back some time.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stopped in at this sushi train and was amazed at their selections. They even asked if I wanted any of the fresh hot sui mai or scallop rolls which I did take advantage of. Very good taste and selection. The only downfall is someone my size can blow $30 without even trying too hard but besides that would go again :-)

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I are regular visitors to this restaurant and it is always a great experience. The food is first class and presented with care and style. Personally, I am a sucker for their Popcorn Prawn dish ( a little bit spicy, but wonderful ) and my wife loves their "half cooked " dishes. Staff, I think, are mainly Uni students so they turn over relatively quickly but they do a good job. Everything is freshly prepared so you might have to wait a bit but it is well worthwhile. Value for money - ichi ban !!!