“Magic”

Ranked #3 of 465 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: Indonesian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Balinese Spice Magic Restaurant and Catering offers an amazing menu of traditional Balinese food at our fully licensed venue in the heart of Wollongong. We use fresh spices in our handmade spices mixes and grind them in a mortar and pestle to unlock the magic flavour and essential oils of the spices in our meals. We hope you enjoy the magic of Balinese food and culture at Balinese Spice Magic
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant on Keira St is cosy and casual with the definite feel of Bali. The staff were very pleasant and service was prompt. The Bali Beef Rendang was delicious and all the dishes we sampled had a refreshingly different taste to them. The spices are definitive but don’t overpower the food.

1  Thank Jennie W

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic anniversary dinner
The staff were the most friendly & genuine in comparison to other local restaurants in Wollongong

1  Thank glutenfreefoodie12
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at Balinese Spice Magic I was glad I had booked a table, as the restaurant was quite full. All the staff were friendly and helpful throughout the evening. I ordered the spicy chicken Nasi Goreng and it was divine...any yes, it was spicy! Everyone else also enjoyed their meals. I hadn't had a coffee all day, I ordered a long black, which turned out to be the best coffee I've had in a long while. All in all, a great dining experience that I would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank gavs23
Reviewed 23 December 2017

One of my friends has been raving about this place for aaaaages, and I finally made, and I don't blame her for raving about Balinese Spice Magic!!! I love that there's so many delicious vegan items to choose from, I was struggling to choose just one thing, but I settled on the vegan Mie Goreng, and I was thoroughly impressed. It was amazing. Their homemade tempeh is to die for!!! My friends and I also shared some entrees, which were faaaantastic! And it's great that they bought out spicy dipping sauces and less spicy dipping sauces. The spicier dipping sauce that came with the potato cakes were amazing. I will definitely be back here, eating my way through the menu.

1  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This place is INSANE! Truly a hidden gem that should be kept a little bit of a secret. The most wildly, and amazingly tasty food, especially good if your Vegan! They also make their own Tempeh, and it’s just delicious! Definitely worth a visit if you’re looking for food with lots of spice and flavor!

1  Thank Alison H