“Absolutely perfect vegan pizza experience ”
Review of Da Orlando

Da Orlando
Ranked #6 of 482 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Came on a Monday night and the place was buzzing. Not the most picturesque street but very happy to sit outside at mellow tables in warm evening breeze.
Excited to see an entirely vegan pizza menu and a lovely vegan waitress who could also advise on all the other vegan options not marked on the menu including wines!
Ordered rocket salad (massive) and two exquisite vegan pizzas on an unbelievably crispy and delicious base. Perfect portion size and faultless in every way.
At the end of the meal had lovely chat with Rennie - easy to be made to be part of the family here.
Superb food and atmosphere- vegan or not make a special effort to experience Da Orlando - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank PhineasPhogg

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We had been to Jimmy Barnes concert and was on our way to Kiama where we were staying. This was a Sunday about 9.45 PM all cafes and restaurants were closed. We stopped at Da Orlando just to check it out. Although the closed sign was on the door we did go in and say any chance of having a pizza? A friendly waitress said that the Restaurant is closed but we can do take away after checking with the manager. We had a sea food and a vegetarian pizza. They were made to perfection and very tasty. Service was impeccable. We will go to this pizza place if we get to Wollongong again.

1  Thank joe_rodrigo
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I had been there . It’s actually a bit out of the way , but it was a very nice surprise. The service is excellent and very friendly. It’s very clean and well presented.
The food itself was beautiful. I ordered gnocchi and pizza . Both came out hot quickly and very fresh . This place is a place to have as go to place for dinner . I recommend that people should give it a go they won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Leo D
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I find it difficult to write reviews which are not super positive.

So here goes - We have been here twice now and both times the pizza I ordered disappointed me.

I ordered a supreme pizza both times, and on both occasions, the toppings were under cooked (almost not cooked at all), and the taste of the toppings, in my opinion, were very bland. My friends pizza (also a supreme) was also soggy in the middle, again suggesting it was under cooked.

Our starters of prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella, with rosemary bread sticks were great, and my friends Gnocchi sorrentina was good as well.

The place was full on both occasions, and by its tripadvisor rating it is doing quite well, so don't be too perturbed by my review.

Based purely on my experience over two separate visits, I was very disappointed with the pizza, and will now consider alternatives when going out in Wollongong.

2  Thank John_P9764
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and amazing staff. It is an absolute pleasure and wonderful experience to be able to have a taste of what authentic Italian food is like. Love it.