“Visited over many years and always great food”

Dee's Vintage Thai Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 356 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We have been regular customs of Di's for close to twenty years. We left Toowoomba 14
years ago and moved 15 k's North, but still return to eat a few times a year at Di's. The food is very tasty, delicious and very reasonably priced, and always served with a smile.
Cannot speak highly enough,of Di's Vintage Thai, with their BYO, it makes for a very reasonable meal, and everywhere we travel we compare the Thai with Di's and I must admit other Thai restaurants have a lot to live up to, when compared with Di's.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

If you’re not that hungry, consider sharing a dish and small rice with someone. I had the vegetable cashew dish, that was quick from the kitchen and fully of flavour.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

A real gem. Delicious food with generous portions. Run by a friendly family we are not locals and had not made a booking but they were welcoming.
Will definitely go back when in the area again.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Dropped in at Saturday lunch time for some takeaway, to find the restaurant with only a single patron for some reason. Pretty dismal day ... and most places in town were quiet. Had walked past and collected a menu a year or two before, but never patronised them ... we are stuck with a family member that likes his food pretty stock standard.

Pleasant greeting by younger staff member who very patiently waited while I chose the order. I had ordered two serves of coconut rice, but he advised me we'd probably only need one ... since most of the meals came with rice at lunch time. Despite nothing anywhere to indicate this ... they actually did have "lunch specials", and most meals could be chosen for $10. WOW - I was more than prepared to pay the $14 or $15 per serve and then buy the rice too... and he most certainly didn't need to say this.

I respect this type of behaviour.

Noticed too that both visible staff members were wearing well secured disposable hair protection ... I respect this too.

We ordered Satay Pork, a Chicken Pad Thai with Hokkien noodles, a Chicken Special Fried Rice along with the serve of coconut rice I mentioned. Good wait time, and staff clearly visible cooking the food.

The meals scored a solid 4, with the coconut rice, in particular, being very well received by the family.

I'm going to give them 5 stars though ... because they really deserve recognition for the fine service and hygiene standards they clearly keep.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Go to Thai place in Toowoomba. Choice for every family members birthday, regular customers. Have visited Thailand and the food is extremely authentic and tastes amazing! Service is wonderful and it's a treat to go there.