“Best cafe in Toowoomba”
Review of Homegrown Health

Homegrown Health
Ranked #17 of 357 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Dietary options for everyone, even for people who DON'T need dietary options. Beautiful food, great staff, always doing their absolute best. I take everyone I know here and they always love it!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The menu looked good, nice brunch and lunch options with lots of interesting desert style smoothies, and we were seated by a friendly and helpful waiter. But that's where the positives end. We ordered four cooked breakfasts, incl. pancakes and eggs Benedict. First they brought us the wrong food, then took it away, then our actual food sat in view on the kitchen hot tray for over an hour. When we finally were served, they brought out two plates, then the third and finally the pancakes another 20mins later. During this time not a single waiter passed our table to offer other drinks, or update us on progress. We didn't even have our table water refilled. I also asked for the wifi password and was told it was private for staff only - shame, a bit of internet might have distracted me from the long wait. The food was ok, nothing special and not enough to make up for the long wait, the pancakes however were AWFUL, the fruit accompaniment still had the plastic sticker on it, and the kiwi rind had not been removed, nor the strawberry stalks. At the end of this all, we paid without any comment of apology from the staff. They have a good concept, but without better service they'll never achieve the success of a truly popular organic brunch spot. Shame.

1  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Recent visit to conveniently located café, serving a variety of fresh juices, smoothies and fresh and tasty dinners. Food was fresh, tasty and good value for the quality and quantity. While a busy location , parking wasn't too challenging. Well done - will visit again.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

It was a very busy Saturday morning, so I would recommend a booking.
There are so many unusual options on the menu catering for all types of diets.
The coffee and juices are a great pick me up and the cake cabinet is to die for.
Totally recommend this cafe for morning or afternoon tea.

1  Thank 276Karen
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Well, I was very unhappy being served by a waiter in a sleeveless shirt. I didn't think this was hygienic. So we weren't off to a good start. I ordered the half serve spare ribs which were doused in soy sauce, making the meal ridiculously salty The coffee was brilliant. When I went to pay my share of the bill, I was hit up with at least another three items, which weren't mine. After much to ing and fro ing, another waiter came and said that he hadn't cancelled those items. I was still charged for an $8 fruit drink, that I hadn't consumed and for a half serve, I was charged three quarters. This wasn't explained, when I ordered.Also, please don't call me hon.

1  Thank sueandjim78