“Yee Haar”
Review of Lone Star Rib House - CLOSED

Lone Star Rib House
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Absolutely fab-u-las!
Free peanuts to start, fab service, fab food, fab surroundings. Everyone should try it. It's been there for 4 months so very new. I had a grilled chicken wrap with chips for £9.95, what more could a girl want.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

After convincing my wife that Lone Star would be the place to go for dinner, we left very disappointed. I used to go to Lone Stars in the late 90's in Brisbane, however things have changed not for the better either.

It is very expensive for what you get. I will admit that the steak we beautiful but I still could cook the same at home....I had the Garlic creamy sauce with prawns......I expected a nice white sauce but it came out kind of like a browny green sauce, like a Diane gravy. My children hated their hamburgers.

As we were leaving my wife and I commented that we have never spent so much money and been left so disappointed. I think it cost us $60 more on average than when we normally eat out with our family.

Service was pleasant. But we will never return.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Meals are expensive for what you get. The ribs should have been smoked and sticky and yummy but they were tender but the sauce was poured on from a boole

Reviewed 18 March 2016

The food and service were both great, I loved being able to nibble on free peanuts before our meals came.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

It was ok...... there used to be Lone Star restaurants in Sydney but no longer. When I saw it in Glenelg I thought I had to eat there. Grabbed a milkshake which was very good. Wide range on the menu so it was hard to choose so I went with two entrees, the Amarillo Cheese Fries and the Saucy Chicken Wings. The Amarillo cheese fries were as I remembered so that was good. The wings were a disappointment though. Sauce was nice enough. The problem was that they still had some of the feather ends sticking out so for each one I'm plucking on the go. Made for an unpleasant experience. Made me wish I had ordered a burger or something. Staff were nice and friendly.