Commodore Regent
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Restaurant
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Restaurant
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$130
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Restaurant
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$72
Quest Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$116
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$100
Country Club Villas(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
Orbitz.com
Batman Fawkner Inn(Launceston)
US$52
US$50
All reviewscity parkbeautiful parkfree wifibrisbane streetconvenient locationeasy walkthe ground floorcomfortable bedplenty of parkingshort walkroad noisebit datedcontinental breakfastroom was largeelectric blanketscentre of townstayed for one night
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

What a great place to stay, rooms are very spacious with lovely big windows that had lovely view.Bed was fantastic big and comfy staff were very friendly and helpful ,we got a very reasonable rate which makes the stay even better , would highly recommend this place when in Launceston.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Commodore Regent hotel

Pros:
- Easy location to find, being on the same street as the town center mall
- Walking distance to town center
- Room is clean, tidy and spacious
- Newly renovated bathroom and kitchenette
- Lovely park opposite
- Parking OK, on a sloped angle
- Staff are very friendly and helpful
- You can quietly hear the town clock bell go off regularly, so count them and you always know the time

Cons:
- You can hear the people talking in the rooms beside you
- Old hotel, dark rooms
- Very basic breakfast at $13 is way over priced for what is offered, we had a beautiful full hot breakfast at the Fountainside Hotel in Hobart for only $11
- This hotel is build on a steep hill, lots of steps to carry your luggage unless you request a room on the ground floor

Tip: don't miss out on the circuit walk around Cataract Gorge, extremely beautiful gardens and the many Peacock birds

Conclusion: budget accommodation, I will pay a bit more and choose another hotel next time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank backieshomestay
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights back in September and found firstly that is was actually a motel not a hotel, reasonably clean, but housekeeping over the days we were there was no existent. The staff were extremely rude and to top it all off i never had my $50 deposit refunded onto my card although I have been told several times that it should have been done.
Overall drove away feeling totally ripped off. Tassie is our favourite place to travel but will avoid this motel at all cost.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mariannr23
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Good things: Location, room size, comfortable bed, friendly Reception, good value room rate. Not good things: Hairs in bathroom and on fridge door indicate to me poor cleaning - and I see other reviews mention the same issue. Noisy (although windows double glazed) during peak hour, shower door allows floor to flood. Overall I wouldn't choose to stay again unless I had to.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the main road if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

On arrival we discovered a dirty toilet, linen not clean and had been used by previous person. Proof was curly dark hair on pillows while I am fair haired and my husband has grey hair. Two lamps were not working and after leaving notes one was working but another still did not work. Only toiletries was soap/shampoo on wall in bathroom and shower. Cutlery in kitchenette was bare minimum. We were not game to eat there and ate out on the two days we were there. Lots of workmen around while we were there. No lift so luggage had to be lifted up stairs. This hotel - and it is not a hotel, it is an old-fashioned motel - was a great disappointment and we expected a better standard in a major city.

Stayed: November 2017
Commodore R, Manager at Commodore Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hi Marion
I am disappointed to read about your experience and haven't heard of this experience through any of our reception staff.
Kindly forward your booking information to me via email, along with the details of which staff member you spoke to for rectification.
manager@commodoreregent.com.au so that I can look into your booking.
These errors sound really unusual and I can investigate.
Simon Peavey