Launceston Backpackers
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Restaurant
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$91
Apartments At York Mansions(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$133
US$139
Hotels.com
Commodore Regent(Launceston)
US$133
US$129
Hotels.com
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$111
US$84
US$68
Orbitz.com
Auldington(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$73
All reviewsfemale dormsleeping bagan en suite roomcoles supermarketlarge kitchenshort or long stayroom keyclean tidygreat place to stayquiet at nightwithin walking distancefree wifiold houseoverland trackliving areacity centrereception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2016

You get what you pay for here - a cheap, more-or-less clean, and comfortable hostel for a quick stop in Launceston. My husband and I were hosteling/camping through NZ, having to be very budget conscious, and this place was bare bones in getting the job done for what you want a hostel to be. The girls bathroom was reasonably clean (bit of a janky stench, reeking of mildew though), and the bunks were fine. Would I stay here again if I'm in a similar budget strapped position? Yes. If I have some more funds? Probably not.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
derek l, Manager at Launceston Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hello spiffyonion, thank you for taking time to review Launceston Backpackers. Maybe we will see you here again sometime in the future. All the best.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

The hostel was very clean, including the showers and kitchen facilities. The lady on reception who checked us in was very polite and helpful and recommended us some nice places to eat, I was very tired after driving all day so may have seemed abit rude when I checked in,I apologise for this! I felt bad afterwards.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
derek l, Manager at Launceston Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Hello Jwilbo92, thank you for taking time to review Launceston Backpackers. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and that you appreciated the cleanliness of the building. Our cleaner does a great job. All the best.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I stayed at the Launceston Backpackers while visiting Launceston to watch an AFL game.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience. I booked an Ensuite Double room (room 19) which was basic, but clean, warm, cosy, filled with natural light, and perfect for a casual stay.

The hostel is centrally located and has probably the best equipped kitchen of any hostel I have stayed at (with plenty of space for dinning).

I’m taking one star off as there was a surcharge for WIFI and a charge for luggage storage (out of the 100 hotels I’ve reviewed on tripadvisor I can’t recall a single hotel that charged for internet and I can only recall 2/100 hotels that charged for luggage storage).

But overall the stay was positive and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
derek l, Manager at Launceston Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Hello Alexfrommelbourne, thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope your team won the footy. All the best.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We stayed here with a large group of 65, and found the facilities to be very neat and clean. The large kitchen worked well for meal preparations, and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
The location worked well for us, although the park across the road was a bit muddy (but there's not much the staff can do about that ;).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
derek l, Manager at Launceston Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Hello mmmmt1 thank you very much for your review. We are glad your group had an enjoyable stay at Launceston Backpackers.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Friendly, attentive staff who answered the telephone, large kitchen, spacious eating area with a variety of dorm, twin and single rooms. It was quiet, centrally located just on the edge of the CBD with a supermarket nearby and a lovely green park just opposite. I just wish the rest of Tasmania had accommodation like this.....I found it difficult to find backpackers which were open anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
derek l, Manager at Launceston Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Hello MartinaB709, thank you for your review. We do work hard at providing great facilities and our staff are very dedicated to making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback. Safe travelling.