All reviews kids room lamb shank quiet location bar fridge broken hill great value for money would stay here again good size units
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The rooms were old but clean, The bathrooms very dated so a little grungy but the beds were comfortable to lie on. Each room had it's own fridge and microwave which was a plus.The extra sofa bed had been made up for our arrival which was appreciated. We were drawn in by the offer of guests eat at membership prices at the club restaurant - don't be enticed by this ploy, this discount is only on certain nights for a meagre amount on already overpriced meals. However, our main grievance was we stayed in July and the heater did not work well. The room just did not get warm and when we went to bed were horrified to find one thin wool blanket on each bed - just ONE. I looked in the main cupboard near the bathroom and could find not other blankets, reception closed at 6 pm so all 5 of us froze - literally all night. It was very unpleasant. The following morning I noticed a cupboard in the kids room that I had missed the night before. 2 extra blankets were in here but still not enough spares for our family of 5. We woke to a gorgeous view of the golf course covered in a blanket of white frost. A freezing night and they offer their guest ONE blanket and a poorly functioning heater. My main consternation came when checking out the lady at reception asked how we slept. I told her we were cold because there was only one blanket. She seemed confused at my complaint and assured me it was normal custom for all motels to provide only one blanket. I explained we had just travelled 2 weeks through out central Australia and no other motel only gave one blanket so I challenged her to give me an example of a motel where this was the case. "When we holiday in Cairns we only get one blanket." Cairns?? CAIRNS??? Did she really just say that. Apparently because in Cairns where the temperature never drops below 30 motels only have one blanket they find it acceptable to give their guests in the iced covered town of Mildura the same. The lack of empathy for guests comfort was appalling.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The best sticky date pudding at the bistro Mildura golf resort

Could not be bettered anywhere. “master chef” quality

Chicken & leek pie, pork cutlet ( excl the choc chilli sauce) and lamb Shank are also great

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank W5157IOgarys
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Good size room that was very clean and neat. There was a lovely of the golf course. Our biggest disappointment was that the complimentary barely worked. Breakfast was huge! Staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Perfect place to stay. Room was big enough for two people, with a single and queen beds. Very clean and tidy room and although a little outdated decor everything else was great.
Being able to sit outside and watch people playing golf was a added bonus, also being able to open the door and let the fresh air in was also very nice.
The only thing I had an issue with was the bar fridge as it froze everything that was in there including the milk for morning coffee.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Smilesu
Reviewed 24 May 2018

This was a pleasant surprise and well worth the visit. It was a large private room with balcony backing onto golf course. Room was clean and well appointed with heaps of room. Although the furniture was dated it functioned well and suited our purpose. The club footsteps away was a nice touch for a drink in the evening. The restaurant was also open but we had already eaten. It looked nice and was clean and refreshing.
We would strongly recommend this motel and will come again.
Great value for money.

Room tip: All rooms face some aspect of the golf course. All good
Date of stay: May 2018