All reviews housekeeping supervisor apartment building undercover parking short stay central location buffet breakfast spa bath comfortable beds stay there again good size tram stop fitzroy st melbourne heaps cbd supermarket eateries
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Stay was great until housekeeping decided to wake me up at 9am, and then again at 9.40 when check out is 10am. Nothing worse than being woken up before your own alarm clock after a hard weekends work. I needed my rest and didn’t get it. I shouldn’t have to, but I’ll be putting a DND sign on my door everywhere I go from now on.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018

As my youngest son recently had his 18th I treated him and his older brother and two of their mates to a weekend in St Kilda. After doing a lot of research of available apartments I booked a 2 bedroom apartment at Crest on Barkly in May. I booked directly through the hotel after a lovely conversation with a Manager who promptly sent me a confirmation for the 2 bedroom apartment which accommodated 4 adults. My sons arrived at Crest on Friday, paid and were directed to their room ?? Yes ROOM ? They rang me to say that it was a very small room, only slept 3 and had no kitchen as discussed. I rang Crest reception and was told yes my son/s had been down and all was fixed as they were sending up a roll mat for the 4th person. I explained that NO all was not fixed as we had booked and paid for a 2 bedroom apartment and they had been provided them with a Family Room. The receptionist put me through to the same Manager I had initially made the booking with. She explained YES the accommodation had been "down graded" and could give me no explanation as to why. They were also fully booked so nothing could be done about this now. I enquired why the boys had not been informed of this at check-in or why the price had not been "downgraded" but there was no explanation for this either. The Manager could not understand why I was upset that they could "downgrade" your booked and confirmed accommodation without informing you or reducing the price ?? She offered me a $16 credit OR a free brekkie. Disgraceful and this wouldn't have covered the amount spent on a couple of days worth of groceries because we assumed that we had a kitchen. Very angry at you Crest on Barkly !1

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan M
CrestonBarkly, Manager at Crest on Barkly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Susan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to document your son's recent experience with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to ensure an enjoyable occasion for everyone who stays with us. I appreciate your comments about your original booking being downgraded and we are very disappointed that your son's experience wasn’t up to our usual excellent standards.
We were overbooked on the weekend which fortunately required us to reorganize some of the room bookings in order to accommodate all requests. When it was noted that your son's original booking had been downgraded we explained to the boys the reasoning behind it and they assured us they were ok.
As mentioned to you on the phone we are happy to refund the room difference but would also like to provide compensation for the inconvenience of the boys sharing a family room rather than a two bedroom apartment.
I have also passed on your feedback re our service staff and your disappointment re the lack of communication as to why the room was downgraded.
Please reach out to me directly on lorena@crestob.com.au if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you and your son back to Crest on Barkly for an experience to remember for all of the right reasons!

Regards,

Lorena

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I have had the poorest quality hotel breakfast that I ever had in my life. All the hot food looked unappealing and at only 9am the bacon had run out and when we asked for a refill, the staff advised us they had run out. We just paid $15 each for breakfast and all we can have is toast, some sausages and very dry looking rubber scramble eggs. We just walked out within 5mins.

On top of that breakfast, service were zero to none, there was only one waiter (the male with the beard) on 15/9/18. No hello or good morning. He didn’t acknowledge us when we walked in. Not even a smile. I feel like we are just his extra work for him. Completely ruined my mood. So do yourself a favor, please go somewhere as for breakfast and save your money.

Apart from that value for money, decent room, free parking and close walking distance to the Tram stop. Just breakfast let me down so much.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankie P
Reviewed 14 August 2018

A perfect location at the city end of St Kilda, in a very quiet area.
Easy to find, very comfortable, good size rooms and an amazing hot, strong shower.
Undercover parking & wifi included in the cost.

Tram stop less than 100m away, either on St Kilda Rd or Fitzroy St.
Heaps of restaurants within walking distance.

Staff are amazing; friendly, helpful and efficient. Can't do enough for you to make your stay a pleasant experience. Have already booked for Xmas.

Breakfast okay, but nothing is ever hot. Typical of bain marie food.

Room Tip: Have stayed in both he front and back rooms and not disturbed by outside noises.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent 'staycation' during the school holidays. The staff are friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean and spacious and the buffet breakfast, included in the room price, certainly was enjoyed by all.
We recommend if staying on a weekend the Friday night Happy Hour in Saint Evie, one of the hotel bar / restaurants, and that you stay on for dinner - the Asian inspired menu was fantastic.

Room Tip: The family self-contained apartments are wonderful if staying for a few nights.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family