“A great place for Kids from Singapore”

Sunflowers Animal Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunflowers Animal Farm is an interactive, hands-on farm animal display with over 300 mainly farm animals. They are all very friendly because people feed them all day! Entry is $11, buckets of animal food are $3 and we are open every day (except Christmas Day) from 9am to 5pm. We have lots of baby animals that you can cuddle and also native animals like kangaroos and an emu. Have a conversation with Pommy the talking bird! Visitors can help give a bottle of milk to our orphan babies every day at 10am and 4pm.Staying overnight at Sunflowers Farmstay also gives your family free entry to the Animal Farm, free buckets of animal food for the children twice a day, a daily pony ride for kids under 7, free DVDs and a tractor ride for the whole family roughly every 2nd day.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great place for Kids from Singapore”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We, 2 families ( 5 adults and 5 children ) stayed for 2 nights at the biggest unit and it offered a well equipped kitchen and comfortable beds - even though some of the beds were in the living room. Upon reaching, our children were so excited and they dashed straight to the farm feeding the animals. I only realised they were gone only after I have finished unloading the baggage and brought them into the chalet. The two sheep dogs Lily and Chilli were the children favourite.
The farm is situated in an ideal place to visit the chocolate factory, olive factory, caves and beautiful beaches. We spent our time wondering around Margaret river region and the vineyards. We then returned to the farm to cook a wonderful dinner and later to enjoy looking at the stars in the night.
The farm is safe for children and there are lots of farm animals for them to feed. The farmstay also include a tractor ride. Nice for a short getaway from the city life and great for family bonding.

Visited December 2011

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Won't be returning for sure!”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I took my family to Sunflowers Farm hoping to give them a taste of life in a farm. There were enough farm animals to intrigue kids, but there were no activities to speak of beyond the twice-a-day feeding, short pony rides for toddlers first thing in the morning and a tractor ride that happens three times a week. My kids were bored after the first day. The accommodation was also poor even by farmstay standard. The TV looks like one Salvation Army would reject and everything in the unit from the bedding to the bathroom/toilet was average at best. All that I could have tolerated because no one expects the standard of the Ritz-Carlton when putting up in a farmstay. What I could not tolerate was the attitude of Steve Jones, the owner. He was constantly in a foul mood and snapped at us twice - once when I offered to let another kid go ahead of my son during the pony ride! I am definitely not going back to this place.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank Suarez_09
Steve J, Owner at Sunflowers Animal Farm, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our farm. We have since repainted the accommodation, and looked closely at everything in each unit, replacing everything which needed replacing including buying a big new TV for that unit.
And I have told Steve off, but please remember we had a really hard time after the big fire across the road, just 2 weeks before your visit. He virtually didn't sleep for 72 hours until the fire was under control. He is much more cheery now.
We have trouble finding orphan animals in December/January although we are now bottle feeding 5 lambs, 3 times a day. The tractor ride is also more fun once the rains start, with boat races down the creek and marshmallow toasting at the end. Debbie Jones
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A must do for young families”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is always top on our list of places to take our 2 young children when visiting Margaret River. Friendly animals (the kangaroos are my two's favourites), opportunities to feed the lambs, generously filled buckets of food and a nice setting make it a must. The best treat though is being able to pick up and cuddle baby guinea pigs, rabbits and chicks.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank wendsing
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun day out!”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

You pay for a bucket of food and walk around feeding the animals on site. What's not to like??

There were goats, sheeps, guinea pigs,chicks, chickens, rabbits, a huge floppy dog, pigs, llamas, ducks, horses and so on... All aiming at your pails and welcome you as long as you have a pail on you. Love them! I missed the egg picking in the morning but I always return because I had so much fun! Definite must go if you have kids and they haven't been to a working farm before.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank EWYH
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice time but over-priced”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Likes - Many animals and nice rabbit feeding areas.
Dislikes - Expensive for AUD11 per person.

Visited November 2011