“Fun and relaxing afternoon”

Margaret River Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Margaret River's Original and Best Winery Tours, since 1994. Our Full Day Gourmet Wine & Dine Tour visits 6 of the following wineries; Stella Bella, McHenry Hohnen, Cape Mentelle, Leeuwin Estate, Voyager Estate, Watershed Premium Wines, Vasse Felix and/or Pierro. In the afternoon we share a delicious vineyard platter and visit Margaret River Chocolate Co as well as Margaret River Cheese Co. All Full Day Tours include lunch at Voyager Estate or Watershed Premium Wines. We also offer Half Day Gourmet Wine Tours, scenic tours and private charters.
“Fun and relaxing afternoon”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We went on the half day wine tour and had a superb time. Our guide, Sue was very friendly, welcoming and informative. She knew all the answers to our questions and the tour felt at our own pace. The 4 wineries we visited were beautiful and the chocolate and cheese factories definately brought out the child in all of us. Such a beautiful start to our Margaret River visit.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Feel very sad and let down by this company!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I contacted them last month to ask if a tour I was interested in was running in May and if they had a space for me… they agreed and confirmed the date. I then booked a trip (From UK!) based around that information, and when I contacted them to confirm all the details they they said that as I was a single traveller I would have to pay for two people otherwise they won't run the tour! What a con! They said that they didn't realise that I was travelling alone… can't be true, my email never mentioned 'we' and only referred to myself and that I was coming and that I had booked my flight! I emailed them specifically to check the details! Feels like a trick.. buyer beware…. I'm now stuck in the region with dates based around their confirmation and without the tour I was so excited about… Terribly heartbroken….

2 Thank JHX1234
adamMargaretRiver, Owner at Margaret River Tours, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello and thanks for the opportunity to respond to the complaint you have made about booking a tour with us.
1. you contacted us two months ago, in January and enquired about a booking date in April. Later you contacted us again and changed the date of your request. We replied that we run our tour as usual. By this we in no way negated our terms of operation as outlined on our website.
2. You contacted us via our website where our terms and conditions of operation are clearly stated.
3. You did not fill out our online booking enquiry which is where you are provided with an opportunity to clearly outline your intended tour date, number of people travelling and the place where you were staying.
4. As soon as I became aware that you were travelling alone, I apologised to you and outlined our policy about bookings if there were no other bookings on that day. I also offered to take you, if there were no other bookings, if you were willing to pay for two. I explained to you, that if any other bookings were taken, you would be charged only for yourself.

I have cut and pasted our last email to you, which I replied to in real time with you, before you posted your review (it was 11.30pm here when I responded to you as follows, out of normal hours, as I could hear in your email that you were unhappy). I have copied and pasted my last email in response to your complaint and it is clear that we were willing to take you on our tour, despite our misunderstanding.

"thankyou for your feedback. We will review our policy and consider sending a full written attachment with our replies to enquiries by email in future. I am honoured that you would fly all that way just to do our tour so in respect for that I will keep my word as you said and run the tour for you, regardless of numbers, provided you are staying within 10 km of Margaret River township.
I am sure you will enjoy Margaret River. Please advise me of your pickup address so that I can advise your pickup time. The team at Margaret River Tours will do everything possible to ensure you have a great day.
Kind regards
Adam"

In respect to payment, I am not trying to con you when I say that single travellers have the option of paying for two people (if there are no other patrons who book the tour on the specific date you have chosen). This is a fairly common trading term in the tourism industry, as I'm sure you can appreciate that it is unviable to run a tour for one person. To be perfectly honest, it is not viable to run a tour for two people either, so if you did take the two person payment option i would still be taking you on tour for no financial gain.

As I stated in my email, we are willing to run the tour for you and understand that you are coming a long way just to do our tour, so I am grateful for that and also feel proud that our tour would be the reason for you travelling to our region. We hope to hear from you again about this matter.
sincerely
Adam
Hobart, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous way to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We booked our half day tour at the Information Centre in Margaret River. Bridgette was very helpful and made it very easy. Matt our tour guide was very knowledgeable on all matters wine and the area in particular. I would definitely recommend this tour for others.

Brisbane, Australia
“Brenda and Danny Brisbane”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A big thank you to Andrew for making our day extremely enjoyable. He looked after all of us very well. He was a font of pertinent information and a fun character.
The tour was a nice blend of wine and food. Lunch at Voyager Estate was lovely.
We would highly recommend this tour.

Perth, Australia
“Simply the best tour we have ever done!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This tour rocked!! From our pick up to our set down (decidedly more wobbly) our tour guide Andrew was just brilliant. He gave us lots of fantastic information en route to each winery and was wonderfully accommodating, answering lots of questions and taking group photos. Each winery we visited had something different to offer and some absolute treasures along the way we would never have found ourselves. Perfectly timed platter of nibbles in the afternoon just as we were getting peckish. We have travelled a lot through Aust and Europe including many wineries and what we learnt on this tour and the fun we had beat the pants off all those! If you have time, do the full day tour, we are already planning to come back with more friends and already looking forward to it!