“Best Fish n Chips you'll find”

Squidlips Fish and Chips
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Settlers Arcade, undercover, with access from the street or rear carpark. Open daily for lunch from 1130am til at least 730pm!
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I hit Squid Lips up quite regularly for dinner, although they do a great lunch as well. The deep fried Snapper is my favourite, although lately been going the grilled barramundi or gummy shark. Consistently brilliant fish and the chips are so good. I'm told they use rice bran oil and can tell they keep their fryers clean. The owner is a real character and super friendly, as are all the staff. I've tried a lot of nice fish n chip places in my time, but this one wins. Keep it up!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I was expecting somewhere that I could sit and enjoy a glass of wine with lunch. This was not that spot BUT the squid and chips were EXCELLENT and my husband really enjoyed the whiting.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Squid was over floury and lacked taste. I ordered salt and pepper squid which was bland and floury. Salad was only okay and entire meal very expensive for a light lunch withno service and not very cleansurrounds.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Have been here a few times! I love the salt and pepper squid. Lightly battered and oh so tender!

I usually have it with chips and a cabbage salad with aioli. You get lemon wedges with it. be fure to use them ., yum

1  Thank mumooshka
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Great for a budget lunch. My family of 3 shared an order of fish and chips and an order of squid and chips, which was plenty. Eat in or take-away.