“Top price for average food ”

Squidlips Fish and Chips
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Settlers Arcade, undercover, with access from the street or rear carpark. Open daily for lunch from 1130am til at least 730pm!
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

At nearly $70 to feed a family of four and a sign saying voted in the top 5 fish and chips in WA (by the West Australian it seems) we had high hopes. The fish was done ok but the chips were terrible, dark brown and dry like the oil needed changing and was not at the right temp. Place was doing a roaring trade and order took a fair while so maybe they were busier than normal with the long weekend but in a tourist town they should be well used to this and be well prepared and are certainly charging enough to put out a better offering.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Showed up hungry and weren’t disappointed. Had the 2 x gourmet boxes between 4 adults + 1 child and cleaned it out down to the last crumb. All good, pricey but good.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We were hungry for fish n chips and we ordered 3 crabsticks and some chips but when we got home we discovered a whole different order. We received 2 pieces of fish, and a box of squid. No crabsticks! I know people makes mistakes but this was unacceptable. I tried a piece of squid and fish and the fish was still a bit raw inside. And everything tasted like the oil from fryers needed to be changed. Orders need to be double checked before customers take there food. Really annoyed and fuming.need to pick up there game just aweful.

mattchewbaca, Owner at Squidlips Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Hi kittycaz. Really sorry to hear of your disappointment. Yes mistakes happen but even when we are busy there is no excuse for not delivering a satisfactory product and we hope we can improve our service for you and all our customers. We cold filter service our fryers every morning and change the oil every two days. My staff are generally very very good at their job but obviously not in this instance. I will use your feedback to maintain the high standards we usually achieve. Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I love fish and chips so I could not pass up trying this place in Margaret River. My only issue was I did not early enough and was super hungry so it was a busy Saturday night and of course I needed to wait which is understandable as they are busy on Saturday nights. Considering they were busy their them were very efficient and provided excellent customer service. When we got back to our hotel room and tried the meal it was so lovely . I will be back!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Food was fresh and shop appeared clean and well maintained. Lots of different menu choices including a variety of family packs. Some bar tables and stools available for on site dining.