See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We stayed in the old style motel units (30 numbers) and had a great stay. Nice and clean rooms, well appointed with seperate kitchen.

Great location, close to supermarkets, lake and cafe's. The train ripping through at 6am is a good alarm clock. Our 2 nights at Econo were the best stay of our trip and was a blast from the past kiwiana style.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and clean. Toilets and shower stall are small. Just lots of small things wrong. Broken key, slow internet, a train line next door, stained carpet, a leaking tap and an extra unneeded bed crowding the living room (told left there as they were busy and didn't have time to move it)

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Econolodge is an cheaper accommodation option in Whanganui. The units are clean, spacious and comfortable. A bonus is that there is free Wi-Fi, via a coupon available at the office. The kitchen comes with all facilities needed for cooking,. I appreciated that the rooms were serviced daily - very helpful and friendly staff. I've stayed there a few times now, and I will certainly continue to stay here when I'm in Whanganui.

Room tip: In cold weather, it's fine to leave the panel heater on all day, so that it's cozy at night.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

It's good for family stay we book 3 rooms and it was late check in front office lady was very nice and polite don't know her name but it was Thursday night she first gave us the key to have a look inside which is very kind of her. Rooms were very clean and tidy and it's also good for families.we had our late dinner and breakfast in one room which means there is a space for 3 families it was late but relax kids enjoy the night
Sorry for little mess in the kitchen
We didn't wash the dishes

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2014

We stayed here one night. The hotel is located on a quiet tree-lined street.

Check in was quick and easy but the person checking us in was not very friendly. I had to ask for the WiFi password, and she did not offer any other help with amenities or anything else.

The room was just basic, and the heating was not very good. Also, the internet speed was VERY slow. I was not able to upload photos to Facebook after trying for several hours.

I would not recommend this hotel, nor would I stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2014