US$155
US$92
US$108
US$101
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$78
US$165
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree mini barquirky hotelbird cagetui birdnetflix accountrefurbished hotelrainfall shower headsoft drinks and snackseye catchingthe main areasfree fast wifilarge tvgrand chancellorshower roomflight cancellationlollipopslate evening
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was in Auckland for the weekend and decided to stay at the Naumi Hotel based from the positive feedback from others who had stayed there. So I already had very high expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how modern and quirky yet classy this boutique really was.

Eye catching designs, artwork and colour schemes blending into every corner of the hotel without overdoing it and looking tacky. I especially loved their attention to detail on things such as the water bottles.

Our room was spotless and came with a complimentary minibar, Netflix and Sky available on TV, free and fast wifi, a huge shower and free parking.

Great service too! Check in was a breeze and we received a discount on breakfast buffet upon check in, we didn't get to try the restaurant unfortunately but will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Naumi says..."If only my Netflix marathons burnt calories"

Dear Neriah K,

Absoloutley motivating to read your fantastic review. Thank you!

We are so glad that you decided to try out Naumi for your weekend in Auckland and to have surprised you in such a positive way :) Now we will wait to see you again to try out our Paksa restaurant and bar!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We regularly stay at the Novatel Auckland Airport prior to flying, and find that to be a very good hotel which is rated 4 stars. I was excited to see there was a new 5 star hotel near to the airport, so thought we would give it a try. My heart sank as we drove up and I realised it was an old hotel that had been tarted up. The foyer is quite quirky, but it all goes downhill when you go down the murky corridors to the rooms. They have had a lick of paint, but this hotel is not more than 3 stars. There is no carpet in the rooms, and the ceilings were very low. They have gone quirky with their signage, which is fine, but advertising themselves as a 5 star hotel is very misleading!! We didn't feel the room was very clean, and the buffet breakfast was 2 star at best. We couldn't wait to get to the airport, and will definitely revert to staying at the Novatel next time. I am not sure how they get the rating, but in my experience it's not 5 stars, and not even 4 stars. I also found it uncomfortable that the guy who checked me in, constantly referred to me as darling, which I found to be quite unprofessional. Won't be back...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Naumi says..."Mirror mirror on the wall, I will set my goals and achieve them all"

Dear Carver1811027,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we use to improve.

The hotel has gone through an extensive renovation and the carpets were ripped out to have the floors redone with a bespoke rug instead. However I understand the concept of the hotel could be different to some and totally new to New Zealand in general.

I do apologise about your experience during check in and this has been addressed already with the team member concerned.

If you do decide to give Naumi another chance please feel free to get in touch with myself directly (rdmnz@naumihotels.com) I will make sure you have a room close to the lobby; so you won't have to walk through corridors and I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great Naumi experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We booked six rooms for our overseas guests and this visit was very important to us. The team at Naumi were just fantastic and we were truly amazed by their attention to detail. We recommend this hotel very highly. In particular, we wish to thank Dillen for his outstanding service. The manager, Leigh, gave us her full support.
Our guests were pleasantly amused with the rooms and they took lots of photographs.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Naumi Says..."Are you free tomorrow? Cause I'm expensive"

Dear linusnz,

How wonderful to read that you had a fabulous time at the hotel with your guests, especially that the visit was very important to you which makes it very important to us!

Thank you for recommending us and for your kind comments especially about Dillen and Leigh :)

Feel free to share those photos everywhere :) and we look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed 23 June 2018

stayed here three times already. Have tried their double and twin room.

Pros:
1. excellent breakfast!!
2. complimentary mini bar

Cons:
small bathroom in the twin room - you can hardly closely the door and the floor is bound to be wet after the shower.

However, the bathroom in the double room is relatively more spacious. Yet, the room itself is smaller compared to the twin room.

The last time I checked in...the kettle was very dirty; it looked like someone used it for cooking, I had to ring the reception to replace it.

after all, value for money.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Naumi says..."3 times? So we're an item"

Dear georgeshkg,

You're officialy a regular! :) Thank you for taking the time to review our rooms and apoligies with regards to the kettle.
I am glad that your overall opion is great value with Naumi and that you enjoyed both, the breakfast and complimentary minibar.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, perhaps in one of the suits? ;)

Nusaiba Al-Dalhami.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This was a last minute decision to stay in Auckland overnight before a flight to Christchurch. So glad we did. I remember this place when it used to be Grand Chancellor. Well, it's so much better now. The lobby is like walking into an art gallery, with glass sculptures, quirky furniture and a huge birdcage with little finch like birds. The lounge with a huge TV screen has comfortable suites and chairs with beautiful throws on them and very original carpets.
The room was comfortable and clean with wood floors, but a huge modern patchwork like carpet covered most of the floor. Would love to know where to get one of these!
The only drawback was that our room had a balcony which you could not access, probably because it is still in the renovation process. It was pretty grotty.
What with free parking and so close to the airport, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nusaiba A, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Naumi says..."I'm not just eye candy, I'm a total package"

Dear Suzanne04,

We too are glad for your last minute decision to stay with us :)

Yes it is true, Naumi took over from the Grand Chancellor and had a major face lift!

The rugs in the rooms were designed especially for Naumi hotels and are not sold elsewhere. If you're interested however, I might be able to source one for you, feel free to get in touch directly, rdmnz@naumihotels.com.

I am glad that you have an excellent impression of the hotel and plan to return again. We can't wait to welcome you back!