Orbitz.com
Destinia.com
Priceline
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews free mini bar quirky hotel habitat room bird cage economy room yellow bus rain shower little things auckland airport buffet breakfast room service new zealand great shower duty manager room was spacious free parking stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Well actually you had me at welcoming smile at midnight as i arrived after a late night flight. Next my spacious room welcomed me with fluffy robes super large fluffier towels (best towels I have used in years!!!) and then there was the mini bar!!! Ok so if you have not yet travelled to the land of the long white cloud you may not yet be acquainted with the NZ delicacies known as chocolate fish and L&P. Never fear because Naomi Airport hotel has your back on this one. They are waiting for you, complimentary, in your bar fridge along with a Coke and a couple of waters. So thoughtful. And then we come to the bed I guess the most important element in all of this. Amaze mattress, pillow menu (which I didn't need as the ones provided were perfect) and I slept better than I had in months. Regretting I didn't have time to indulge in the massive bath in my bigger than the one I have at home bathroom but the shower too was great so all good. Complete with seperate toilet and seperate vanity so much room for getting ready.
By now you may have surmised this is not your run of the mill, soulless, chain airport hotel. The building and staff have personality in spades.

Room tip: I always book direct but in this case it is really worth your while as at the time of writing this entitles you to free airport pick up and drop off in a deluxe bus and breakfast as well!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kerry C
NusaibaA8, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Naumi says…”And you had me at hello”

Dear kctooo,

What a fabulous review! :) Thank you very much. We are so happy you chose to stay with us and that your experience was absolutely amazing.

I totally hear you about the choc fish and l&p, a complete classic and kiwi childhood fav ;)
Hopefully next time you’re around you’ll have a chance to soak in our bespoke tubs and enjoy the rest of the perks from booking direct.

We absolutely loved hosting you!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

It's a pity we only stayed overnight, arriving late evening for a morning flight the next day. The rooms are very nice, not crowded with decor you would expect to find in a "boutique" hotel. A few surprise like free water and snacks in the fridge. The breakfast was way more than the usual hotel buffet.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NusaibaA8, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Naumi says…”Beauty attracts the eye, but personality captures the heart”

Dear Lucille R,

How wonderful to have been able to surprise you here and there ;) something Naumi is very focused on with her guests! So happy to learn you’ve enjoyed your stay and the breakfast buffet!

We absolutely loved having you with us.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Only slept over between a late arrival by plane and and early departure. Arrived easily on the Yellow Bus. Room was comfortable, adequate, clean, not memorable. The breakfast, on the other hand, was. Two buffets, one for complete breakfast, one for continental, with a wide selection of temptations including a nice cheese tray.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Naumi says…”Making memories with you, is what I want to do”

Dear DavidPeregrino,

We loved having you stay with us and happy to hear that many aspects of your experience were wonderful and all the noise our breakfast of champions has been creating ;)

We hope to see you back soon, perhaps in one of our Naumi branded rooms? ;)

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Lots of good points such as the nice linen, smart TV, and breakfast buffet. However on the down side, I specifically requested a room that wasn't on the ground floor and sadly that is what I was given and it proved to be very noisy - would have been nice if the hotel had let me know ahead of time as I would have booked elsewhere (while all hotels say they can't guarantee higher floors, I've had no problems requesting non-ground floor rooms at other hotels). Also my room hadn't been set up with some of the items that were meant to be included such as a robe even though I arrived in the early evening.

However it is great to see that they allow cats as there are so few hotels that do that. So overall, a good place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Naumi says…”You know what I like about humans? Their cats”

Dear MayL2089,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for leaving us a great review!

We only have a ground and a first level in the hotel, our property is not very high but quite spread out over a very spacious dream-land!

Next time you’re around feel free to let us know if you’d like a room change and we’ll show up with roses and a band to help you move to a room you are 100% happy with ;)

Reviewed 11 September 2018

This place needs the attention of the Hotel Inspector. The funkiness is clever but confusing. The staff in the restaurant seem determined to ignore the diners (I had to leave the table and find a staff member to get a drink). The rooms are basic and bathrooms are small. Breakfast was included in the price but the restaurant didn't open until we were due at the airport. We were underwhelmed. We accept that all airport overnight hotels are probably like this but that didn't make the experience any more enjoyable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NusaibaA8, Rooms Division Manager at Naumi Hotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Naumi says…”Come back, I’ll give you the best of me”

Dear GraemeNelson,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Naumi Auckland. We apologise that your experience was not up to expectations. We do have a choice of boxed breakfast as an option for the extra early birds to take away.
I have shared your feedback to our restaurant and bar manager to ensure this was an isolated issue.