All reviews back packers spa bath free breakfast the bed was extremely comfortable cool place air conditioning small kitchenette good size town centre backpackers wifi motel noise password unit robin key
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We've stayed here a couple of times now. Its a great place to stay. The bed is comfortable and big. Plenty of huge mirrors in the room and bathroom. Plenty of space. Great amenities. The Spa Bath is amazing. And the rates are not too pricey. Its in a good location, short walk into town. We could also use the Hostel's amenities, such as the pool, kitchen etc.

We enjoy our stays here and definitely recommend this place :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Unit 6 is part of the motel complex upstairs. It is very comfortable and a good size. The room was pre warmed by Robin the manager so on a chilly early evening so nice to walk in to. The bathroom has a very good over the bath shower. The bath is a spa bath so if you want that it is there.
The bed was extremely comfortable with a good selection of pillows. Even more blankets and pillows were available in the wardrobe if needed.
The area is very quiet and you can mingle with the backpackers too in the hostel area if you want. As a motel customer we are entitled to all the community parts including a free breakfast.
A great stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2017

A little out of town but it is flat walk in to town centre for food ect., We did not have car took a taxi for dinner that night $11.

The room was clean and warm, one of the best beds we have slept in. Kitchen was adequate with everything you need. Check in was easy we arrived after hours our key and room details with our name where hanging by the reception door.

It is an older motel, the room rate reflects this. I would stay again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Thid place has a motel and hostel right next to each other. Theyre both inexpensive options. I stayed in the hostel. It caters to backpackers looking for a party place, but they shut down the noise at night. It's a cool place with pool, sauna and many seating areas.

If you want something cozy, low key and comfortable it is not for you.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely time staying at the quaint stylish paradiso apartments in nelson this week. Very cute paradise-like garden with cabbage trees, and nice little touches like mosaics on the front of the steps. I liked it because it feels like a small motel with hardly anyone there set in paradise even though it was fully booked the night I was there - I never heard a soul.

Every staff member I came across was wonderful, from Robin who took my call when i arrived early, to the housekeeper (incidentally the room was perfectly spotless) to the lovely young people who helped me with my heat pump (turned out to be an error on my part) and the friendly receptionist when I left.

Please note this is a review for the apartments, not the backpackers house behind, although that also looked very nice.

Thanks so much to the team from Paradiso who made my stay so nice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business