“All rounder”

Broadgreen Historic House
Reviewed 9 May 2018

So worth the $5, We were hesitant due to lack of time and money, but so glad we did. I did end up wishing I had more time as I knew I would, spent too much time in the garden wondering whether to go in or not :( The volunteer who served us was so lovely (He works on a Tuesday morning)

1  Thank Kaylin C
"memorabilia"
"visitors"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This is a wonderful place to visit and imagining just what life was like for the early immigrants. The volunteers.do a wonderful job keeping the house in tip top condition.
It is free entry for local people.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

What a fabulous place to visit. The lady that greeted us was so nice and very informative about this beautiful historical house. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Have visited Broadgreen many times over the years and there is often something new to see. Yes, the lighting in the dining room is in keeping with the period and, I assume necessarily low for preservation of some materials, but, for my friend and I there was not enough light to really see everything in the room. it would have been good to have a handout to carry round giving information on the construction of the house, how large the original grounds were and telling us about the family. We preferred to go round without a guide.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I am not one really for visiting Historic homes etc, but this one looked very appealing. I had a one on one personal Tour as the weather was not good that day so I was the only one there at that time. It was a lovely old home that has been well tended and cared for. I was amazed at the good floor layout of this home,; it surprised me that it could easily be 'modernized' into a glorious family home. Loved learning the history of its past inhabitants .The grounds are beautiful; not much of the original gardens left but what there is there is lovely (most are not the original but it has been aesthetically done by the Council) Some of the original old Oak tress still stand which was very special. Well worth a visit even if you are not into older historical homes.