Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews tuk tuk railway station views road transport plains fall
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This beautiful place in Ohiya gave us some wordless and relaxing time.
We reached the hotel where there is very poor signal, with no difficulty because of the proper directions we got from them in advance.(via an important email )
And the road was not really in good condition so needs driving with care and everything is worth being there.
We booked the room with the observation deck and where we watched stars from the bed.It was just beautiful
Room had everything we wanted.
Bathroom was spacious and there were all the amenities and even hot water.
We stayed there for 5 days and they never failed to surprise us with various kind of food which was fresh and delicious.
I'm still in love with the garden fresh tea which they served and which I had a countless.
Staff was friendly and professional.They all helped us providing info about all beautiful places around.
I'd rather say we loved the time we spent with them.We felt home.
How can I just forget the amazing views I was enjoying there.I'd say the view from the "Dondra watch"(a beautiful place located at hotel premises) is still the best view place where u can enjoy view up to the down south coast of Sri Lanka.
I would love to be there again.
Big applause for everyone who makes this place a paradise.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We visited this hotel on 2017/05/12 and we got both Good and Bad Experiences. The location is great and there is a panoramic view over 100 KM distance. Climate is great and it changes minute to minute. Suddenly thick mist comes and just after 5 minutes you can see the clear view.
But there are lots of weak points. Basically their foods are not in good condition. We good Vegetable fried rice and chicken for the Lunch as well as for the Dinner. Unfortunately they don't have even an A-la-carte menu to order some foods.
THE ROAD CONDITION IS TERRIBLE and you will be not able to visit this hotel by a car.

Room tip: Best view in the upper floor room
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We stayed one night at this place. We walked from here to Bambarakanda water fall via Devil's staircase. The staff was very friendly. They packed us the breakfast and gave around 6.30 a.m. so that we can leave early. Also, even though we paid for a one night we had to stay longer (checkout time was 10 a.m) as we were planning to night mail train from Ohiya that was supposed to arrive by 9 p.m. However, they understood the situation and kept our baggage until we came back from Bambarakanda. Also, the offered us free dinner and temporary room as well.

Room tip: Best views for upstairs rooms
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayaniWithanawasam
Reviewed 23 April 2017

This is my second visit to the place which has been renovated and face lifted. This time I stayed only one night with my family and the experience was so memorable. Great location, absolute serenity and fantastic service provided by two care takers... Mr Gamini and Mr Nuwan (I think I got your names right gentlemen). The owner Mr Eomal has been extremely and its development it seems.

Do visit this place........ a heavenly stoppage in paradise.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This quiet and beautiful Lodge is a few kilometres away from Ohiya Railway Station. Ronald, the owner, is a fantastic host. The views from the Lodge are wonderful, especially from 4 of the 6 rooms. It's most convenient if you want to visit Horton Plains National Park. I will definitely go there again.

Date of stay: April 2017