Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$54
Priceline
eDreamsUS$54
Agoda.comUS$54
StayForLong
All reviews tuk tuk railway station views road transport plains fall
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

This location is ideally placed in the middle of a tea estate. But to get to the hotel, the drive is extremely dangerous and the road is quite steep and slippery. If you want to risk your life then might as well try this. Also, once u r in the location, there is no reception and there is literally no one there. We felt so isolated and depressed and would not ever go there. There i so many other beautiful places where you can stay in Nuwaraeliya or Ambewela. The workers are really good and friendly and they would do a good service but apparently the owner of the hotel does not really care about the ratings of the hotel anymore, so we just had to eat whatever the food that was there with no shop literally for miles. Would not recommend this place. Views are amazing but not worth the risk

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrsakdaD
HillSafari, Owner at Hill Safari Eco Lodge Ohiya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

It is surprising for a guest who came in January to wait till June 2017 to give his comments. In January 2017 we had very high occupancy and there could not have been “Isolation” – also there are 3 employees who generally converse with the guests.
When this guest arrived I had gone to Bandarawela (35 kms) for Purchases and came late in the evening and I did not have much time to talk to the guest – which I normally do. Next day I had to take the early morning train from Ohiya to Colombo to attend a family wedding and again prevented me from having a chat with the guest – as they were still sleeping when I left.
We also permit the guests to use our 2 CDMA phones (which work 24 hrs) and also watch Dialog TV whenever they want.
Because I care about the guests ratings only that the difficult areas inside the estate have been concreted at great expense. Hence it is surprising that he describes it as an “atrocious road”. Still I do agree that the road is a bit difficult for those who are not used to this type of roads.
We ask our guests what they like and try to accommodate their preferences.
For future guests you can inform us early before you arrive on your food preferences as then it would be much easier for us to accommodate your dietary needs.
We have found out that these guests have come to look for staff for their guest house in Nuwara Eliya. They have interviewed 2 of my Senior Staff and employed one of them – this is not the done thing.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Hill Safari Ecolodge for 2 nights.

The view was absolutely breathtaking (not exaggerating on this one). It's probably one of the prettiest places I've seen.

The ecolodge serves both breakfast and dinner and the food has always been amazing. Mr. Perera (the owner of the lodge) and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The lodge is only appx 2km away from the entrance of Horton's Plains so it's a great place to stay the night if you plan to hike up Horton's Plains the next day. Ohiya in itself is a small little village in the mountains. If you have time, take a walk into the village- the view is just amazing.

One small note (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) : the local cell phone line signal (I was using airtel) is really bad in these areas. I couldn't make calls and have no internet. The lodge does not have wi-fi.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank veronneca
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This beautiful place in Ohiya gave us some wordless and relaxing time.
We reached the hotel where there is very poor signal, with no difficulty because of the proper directions we got from them in advance.(via an important email )
And the road was not really in good condition so needs driving with care and everything is worth being there.
We booked the room with the observation deck and where we watched stars from the bed.It was just beautiful
Room had everything we wanted.
Bathroom was spacious and there were all the amenities and even hot water.
We stayed there for 5 days and they never failed to surprise us with various kind of food which was fresh and delicious.
I'm still in love with the garden fresh tea which they served and which I had a countless.
Staff was friendly and professional.They all helped us providing info about all beautiful places around.
I'd rather say we loved the time we spent with them.We felt home.
How can I just forget the amazing views I was enjoying there.I'd say the view from the "Dondra watch"(a beautiful place located at hotel premises) is still the best view place where u can enjoy view up to the down south coast of Sri Lanka.
I would love to be there again.
Big applause for everyone who makes this place a paradise.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We visited this hotel on 2017/05/12 and we got both Good and Bad Experiences. The location is great and there is a panoramic view over 100 KM distance. Climate is great and it changes minute to minute. Suddenly thick mist comes and just after 5 minutes you can see the clear view.
But there are lots of weak points. Basically their foods are not in good condition. We good Vegetable fried rice and chicken for the Lunch as well as for the Dinner. Unfortunately they don't have even an A-la-carte menu to order some foods.
THE ROAD CONDITION IS TERRIBLE and you will be not able to visit this hotel by a car.

Room tip: Best view in the upper floor room
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We stayed one night at this place. We walked from here to Bambarakanda water fall via Devil's staircase. The staff was very friendly. They packed us the breakfast and gave around 6.30 a.m. so that we can leave early. Also, even though we paid for a one night we had to stay longer (checkout time was 10 a.m) as we were planning to night mail train from Ohiya that was supposed to arrive by 9 p.m. However, they understood the situation and kept our baggage until we came back from Bambarakanda. Also, the offered us free dinner and temporary room as well.

Room tip: Best views for upstairs rooms
Date of stay: March 2017