Hermitage Motor Inn
Advance Motel(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$95
Parkview Motor Inn(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$98
Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$112
Ryley Motor Inn(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$102
Gardenview Lodge Motel(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$100
US$88
US$78
US$75
Wangaratta North Family Motel(Wangaratta)(Great Value!)
US$71
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet streetthe main roadbeautiful motelfriendly greetingbed and pillowsone nightlovely ladylast minute bookinglady at receptionspa suiteair conditionernice staywould stay againgood sizeclose to townbar fridgeroom was large
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Let's start with the positives. The lady at reception and the gentleman who delivered breakfast were both extremely polite and friendly, which I appreciated. I was given fresh milk for tea/coffee and check-out was extremely efficient. Breakfast was also tasty and arrived precisely on time. However, the room itself didn't live up to my expectations. The decor reminded me of my grandmother's house in the 1970s. The first thing I noticed upon entering the bathroom was a big dead fly - whoops! Having read about a "large" spa on their website, I imagined it would be a regular corner spa, but it was just a slightly oversized bath. Oddly the on/off switch for the spa was on the other side of the bathroom - quite dangerous in an emergency as you would be trapped in the bath and unable to turn off the motor. I therefore didn't use it. The bed and pillows were very firm, which some people really like, but I was pretty stiff upon rising in the morning. The aircon, while efficient, looked ancient and definitely ready for a reno. There was no mini-bar, not even a cold can of soft drink in the bar fridge. I was surprised that a spa suite was upstairs - normally they are on the ground floor. I generally stay in more expensive motels so maybe my expectations were a little unfair, but I think I will continue to pay extra in future and be more comfortable elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
HermitageG, Relief Manager at Hermitage Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for your comments which are appreciated and noted.
This particular Spa Suite has just been renovated in Retro Style, and has been favourabley commented on.
The ON/OFF button for the Spa is on the edge of the Spa Bath, which is easily accessible for the Guest.
Spa Suites are allocated on each floor, and on this particular day the downstairs Spa was occupied.
The air conditioning unit runs quietly and operates efficiently. We are always up-grading our Motel and when air conditioners fail we replace them with up to-date models.
Mini Bar has Wine in Fridge, and also on bench. 2 bottles of Complimentary water in fridge.
A selection of drink's is available at Reception for Room Service.
Our property has been rated at 3 1/2 star and our photos on line are a true description of this property.
We have a steady repeat Clientele and they do appreciate our facilities.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This is a quiet motel, located off the main road. Our new room was very clean and well laid out and all everything you’d expect in it. The lovely lady on reception was friendly and helpful on both arrival and departure. The one thing we’re they lost me was the bed. It was incredibly hard, not just firm but rock hard. Also fairly lumpy. The room also had a king single but it was just as bad. Like a clean room, a decent nights sleep is an essential in any motel/hotel/accommodation. Unfortunately neither of us were able to get a decent nights sleep as a result of the bed. Sadly this has lowered the score I would like to have given this establishment.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
HermitageG, Manager at Hermitage Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was very surprised to hear
that the bed was a problem as we have just replaced two thirds of the rooms with new
beds and soft toppers which falls in line with our policy to replace beds every 5 to 10 years and even with the old beds we rarely had any negative feedback. I cannot ascertain which room you were in from your review however would be pleased to learn so that I can investigate. Beds are a personal preference and I am very sorry that you did
not enjoy a good night's sleep at the Hermitage.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Great little find this one! Quiet location, nice rooms (good size and well fitted out); very clean and good off street parking. Close to everything you might need and very friendly and helpful staff. Nice little swimming pool, well maintained and quite lovely gardens.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel and for the positive experience

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We stayed here for a overnight stay and the very friendly greeting we received when we arrive was very nice. The motel is very clean and the bedding is very comfortable and the sheets are lovely and white and crisp. Would recommend this motel and would stay again when we are in the area. It is quiet but only a short walk to the shops and the also to the RSL Club also the Wangaratta Club. The lady at reception gave us fresh milk for our tea and coffee. There is a toaster and kettle in the room and plates and cutlery which was very good if you had your own food with you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel and was very pleased to learn that the motel was as I would have expected, clean and a comfortable bed.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We were in town for just one night on the way elsewhere and were looking for just a bed and a shower, but we were lucky enough to find this beautiful motel! The room was incredibly neat, clean and tidy. Quite spacious for a motel room. Greeted by a lovely lady who was so helpful. It was such a comfortable stay, I couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel.