“The Windmill, Wymondham, Leicestershire”
Review of The Windmill

The Windmill
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Wymondham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The best sausage cob in the area, a meeting place for cyclists from Grantham, Oakham, Melton, Bourne, The Vale ....., mothers with children, people out for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, ... with probably the best bike mechanic in the area in an adjacent shop, who needs more?

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I called in here for coffee and cake during a forty mile Sunday morning bike ride. I arrived just before midday to find that around thirty other cyclists, plus many other visitors, clearly had the same idea. Having read the reviews mentioning slow service I nearly turned round and left when I saw the long queue. However, I'm pleased I stuck with it. I was served within minutes, thanks to orders being prepared by staff other than the order taker. This clearly worked, as a waitress served my warm scone with clotted cream and jam, together with a large cappuccino in just over five minutes. The value for money is excellent, the location perfect and the staff friendly and efficient. I enthusiastically told my wife and made the mistake of mentioning the shops as well - I shall be taking her next week!

1  Thank Roy R
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I discovered this place recently and loved it! Started off in the cafe which had a very reasonable selection of food and drinks as a reasonable prices. Very happy that they offered veggie chicken nuggets!! Could be improved with Vegan milkshakes (but that is just me!). The setting was lovely, had a nice catch up with family. The service could be improved, mostly a bunch of bored looking teens who could really put the whole experience to a new level with a few smiles and polite chatter with customers. We then climbed up the windmill (very shakily!!). The shops were also a great little find and lovely to browse around and find a few little gems! This is also a perfect spot for active children who love to run around and explore. Great place and looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Called in with friends for lunch, but just waited so long for it - two sandwiches and a jacket potato. Food was just ok as well, and my friend had to rush away in the end as it had taken so long.
Place is popular - this was a Monday when we called so goodness knows what service is like at weekends when it's busy. Shame as love the setting, with the nice shops but would think twice about eating here again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We visit the Windmill to use the shops and walk our dogs. We always have a coffee and cake when we go over. The basics are there, but the service needs to be reviewed. It can be a long wait for your food to be delivered. The coffee needs to be of a higher quality. There needs to be system where the service staff know which table you are sitting at for your food to be delivered. The delivery time for cakes needs to be reduced as the order has to go through the kitchen and at busy times, you can wait 20-30 mins for a piece of cake, during this time you have drunk your coffee. The cafe area around the windmill needs some attention and the condiments could be presented a nicer format. It just needs some work as this is a great location to visit and shop. These are constructive comments to help.