Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico
Hotel Villas Las Palmas al Mar(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$64
La Dolce Vita Residence(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$70
Orbitz.com
Punta Bonita Beach Resort(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
  • Pool
Hotel Alisei(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotel Residence Playa Colibri(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$85
Sublime Samana Hotel & Residences(Las Terrenas)
US$221
US$203
Agoda.com
Hotel Atlantis(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$103
Travelocity
Resort Costa Las Ballenas(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$107
Travelocity
Hotel Casino Niza(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$59
Casas del Mar Neptunia(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
US$23
All reviewsporto restaurantliving roomdominican republicapartments are spaciousrelaxing weekendbeach restaurantbeautiful beachfull kitchenlate checkcommon areasfishpalm treesinclusive resortswhite sandcondoeunicejacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This was a remarkable experience for me as I enjoyed a week in Paradise at this exotic location at Balcones Del Atlantico. The customer service was excellent, prompt and eager to assist. They did not disappoint. It isn't an all inclusive hotel and it is a short walk, (very short) walk to the beach. More like your very own condo right off the ocean. The beach is so beautiful, absolutely break-taking. I took a picture of it and it is my screensaver at work now. The landscaping was Grade A beautiful and my room was in top condition with a washer machine, living room, patio, Jacuzzi, full kitchen closet, enormous bed and at an affordable price. 24 hour armed security so you feel safe, but the highlight for me was the restaurant. It sits secluded, right on the beach, so that you are able to enjoy the most beautiful sunsets with great food. Ask for Eunice if you book and when you arrive. Eunice and her staff are very professional and accommodating. They made sure that my stay was pleasant which left me with a lasting impression of Samana. I plan on going back next year. I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for Eunice.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lavsho2
Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Thank you very much for your excellent comments. We are glad to know that Balcones exceeded your expectations. We will send your comments to all the hotel staff. For us, our main priority is to make our customers feel at home, and I am pleased to know that our staff made every effort to make you happy with us.

We will be waiting for you next year.
Sincerely
Paola A.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to relax with your family, very comfy apartments and private beach with a small park for kids. Very attentive staff and secure! The jacuzzi at the apt is very romantic and cozy. Not a good option to go on spring break (too much people on the street)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Dear Lidia.

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Sincerely.

Paola A.
Operation Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We rented a "beach front" apartment through VRBO which showed a photo of couches by the beach so as to "Relax in Paradise". The apartment was actually 1,000 feet away from the beach with absolutely no view (except of the half dozen feral cats lying on the patio couches). To access the beach area from the apartment complex requires crossing a busy road, which is the case for all accommodations in Las Terrenas. The beach itself is narrow and has just a few spots where one can walk into the water without water shoes. Besides the one expensive restaurant attached to the apartment complex, other restaurants are a 30 minute walk away. The supermarket is a 10 minute drive by car. We made the mistake of renting a car. DON'T!! Also, don't walk at night which means you have to take taxis to go into town.
The apartment complex is attractive with beautiful grounds but is a ghost town during weekdays. Occupancy was less than 10% and it showed.
So do yourselves a favor and if you really want to go to Las Terrenas, stay in town or in an all-inclusive.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank asiantrekker
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I visited the resort with my family and stay for 3 days. The apartments are very spacious and confortable.
The location unbeatable. The tropical style gardens all around the project are amazing and the beach front, around 500 meters, with very fine white sands and clear waters, a full bar and a palapa style restaurant right on the beach.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017

This place looks like a resort, with very well groomed grounds and gardens, and it is truly pretty to look at. It does not however seem to offer the amenities that a resort would. I believe they are actually time-share condominiums that the front desk manages, and rents out for the owners. I was with a group and visited several different units. They are all impressive in their size and spaciousness, and all decorated with very different tastes. Several of us experienced problems with the locks on the doors on ground floor suites. There seemed to be no problem with any of the units on upper levels. The restaurant there has good food, but was way too busy and understaffed when I was there. I believe the man who runs it is French.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor units if you enjoy working locks on doors, and security.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business