“Must go to Baraonda!”

Ranked #15 of 155 Restaurants in Las Terrenas
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The dishes you will find in our menu are a combination of traditional Italian cuisine, the new international flavors that culinary fashion brings us and memories of the fantastic Dominican cuisine. We want to offer you family warmth and a cozy place.
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the fabulous Hotel Alesie for what will be our 6th year in a row of returning here. Although we have a great buffet breakfast every morning in the restaurant Baraonda it is always so nice to come for lunch or dinner. Food is always spectacular as well as the service. Shout out to Luis who welcomes you with such Dominican hospitality and warmth you feel very special and cared for. (Plus his English is on point! Hehe). He recommended the Mahi Mahi that I ordered as my 2 dinner companions were having steak. Rarely does a restaurant do both well but Baraonda succeeds. He also aced the wine recommendation! All of our entrees were excellent. (I sneaked a bite of steak!) Another favorite is the Shrimp Thai salad. I had that for lunch on another day. Also shout out to Martine who makes a killer Mojito. Best I had in LT. Definitely worth a visit. You'll be glad you did. If not for the food then for Luis and the attentive staff.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank frankfio

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We visited Baraonda twice during our recent stay in Las Terrenas and both times the food and service was exceptional! Some of the menu items we tried were: seafood pasta, seafood risotto, whole grilled snapper with garlic butter, fish croquettes, and garlic shrimp. We enjoyed everything we tried. My husband particularly liked the whole grilled snapper. The food is fresh and well seasoned. Even better than the food is the staff. Alexander, Luis, and Nelson provided exceptional service and are great guys! They were the main reason we returned for our second visit. I highly recommend a visit to Baraonda the next time in you're in Las Terrenas!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank wheresthebeach
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Nice buffet breakfast across the street from the beach. Reasonable price ($10) for all you can eat buffet with fresh pastries, omelet bar, fresh fruits, etc. Also they have a strong wifi connection - a rarity in Las Terrenas.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank Texirican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

After a morning at Playa Coson we had a brunch at Baraonda
Fish Tacos, light yucca strips, and chicken with arroz were delicious. Manager Jeremy was attentive and pleasant.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank CoolBreezeOhio
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I had been to Baraonda in the past and heard they updated their menu and that the food was really good. I decided to try it out on my last visit to Las Terrenas. It was surprisingly interesting. The menu is varied and has many Fish, Seafood and Asian choices. We had a plate of local sashimi choices, we tried the beef carpaccio and prawn cocktail. We also had Dorado and the new signature dish Baraonda salteado mariscos. All was scrumptious and beautifully displayed. The food was very fresh and professionally prepared. I would recommend this restaurant and will return on my next visit.

Date of visit: July 2017