“Dream Vacation at Casa Phil”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 28 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Heather R
“Dream Vacation at Casa Phil”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Philippe, Andrea, and Victor, muchas gracias for a surreal stay at Casa Phil! Apologies that this review is very long overdue.

Were do I even begin? Nine friends and I traveled to Las Terrenas last spring, on holiday, to explore a new travel destination.

From the moment we arrived until the day we left we could not have been happier. Phil organized an easy, comfortable, and convenient pick up for us from SDQ airport to Las Terrenas. He also provided us with a restaurant recommendation upon our arrival at the beach, and then guided us to Casa Phil.

The home, located just a short walk from the beach, was impeccably clean, beautifully designed, and perfect for our group. It honestly looks just like it does in the photos. We spent hours in the infinity pool, soaking in the hot tub, and sitting around the dining room table with a beautiful view of the Dominican terrain and water.

Andrea and Victor, the house staff, are angels! We LOVED spending time with both of them. Andrea helped us practice our Spanish, entertained conversation with us, and cooked us delicious Dominican meals. One of our favorite drinks was the fresh squeezed passion fruit juice that she made for us daily. She keeps the home in beautiful condition. We connected with her on Facebook and enjoy keeping in touch. Victor made us feel very safe, maintained the beautiful grounds around the house, and ran errands for us. Gracias!!! We hope to see you again soon.

We didn't realize what we were signing up for when we booked travel to Las Terrenas. It was the first time that any of us had ever been, and we can't wait to go back. The week at Casa Phil was one of the best/if not the best vacation I've ever had. The beaches are beautiful and untouched. The town is lovely, safe, and has a number of dining options. And there is plenty to do just outside of town as well - we enjoyed a horseback riding trip to El Limon waterfal, riding ATV's around the city and to nearby beaches, a cave/bird watching tour, and sailing.

I convinced my family to travel to Las Terrenas for the holidays this year. We are sad that Casa Phil is already booked, but we are not surprised because it is such a wonderful home. Will have to come back another time. Until then, cheers.

Fries_wit...
Union, New Jersey
“Awesome stay ”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We spent 5 nights at Casa Phil at the end of August into September. This was a good getaway for my wife and myself along with my parents. House is very big, airy, modern, good wifi, heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, large outdoor terrace with outdoor wet bar - refrigerator and pool table. House is 3 levels including the pool Terrace area.

Staff at the house are extremely helpful and really try to make sure you're happy every step of the way. Special thanks to Andrea and Victor for taking care of us every single day. Thanks to Lorenzo from Santo Taxi for driving us to several activities quickly and safely.

Thanks again Philippe for having us in your house!

Management Response
3 Sep 2017
Thank you for your review - it was great to have you stay at Casa Phil. I hope to see you soon again :-)
Eric K
Denver
“I wish I'd stayed in THAT house”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a big crew—four families, 14 people in tow for our stay in Las Terrenas. We'd rented two houses. The one up on the top of the hill and Casa Phil. While the house I stayed in with my family was great, Casa Phil was better. More modern, more family friendly and able to be closed off if it rained (it didn't, but how nice to have the option). So the house was cool, and when I discovered the unanticipated need to get signatures to New York so my son wouldn't lose his new apartment, the house's owner—that would be Phil—saved the day, arranging for his attorney to notarize my signature and send the package via scooter, bus and personal courier to the DHL office on the other side of the island, where it arrived safely and made its way to New York, just in time.

So, Casa Phil is a great house, Phil is a great guy and I can assure you, you'll have the time of your life in this beautiful part of the Dominican Republic. We'll definitely be back—and next time, I'll be staying in THAT house.

Eric

Travelling group: Large Group
Management Response
18 Sep 2017
Eric, thank you for your review.
Next time, I hope you can stay at Casa Phil.
Warm regards
Philippe
Jorge M
New Suffolk, New York
“Spectacular Villa Overlooking the Ocean”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We traveled extensively around the world, staying at both resorts as well as homes/villas. I would have to say this is probably the most unique, beautiful villa we've stayed at. The villa has a wonderful setting, overlooking the ocean, and we especially enjoyed hanging out at the pool and watching some beautiful sunsets. Andrea the lady who helps around the house was very helpful in giving us suggestions for local restaurants, as well as things to do. One evening we arranged for a chef to come in and cook dinner, and it was a very memorable evening. The location was very convenient, just outside the town of Las Terrenas, yet very private and removed from the noises of the town. The villa was beautifully furnished, extremely comfortable, and what we loved was the indoor/outdoor flow to the villa. We were mostly outdoors, under the large covered areas, enjoying the beautiful weather. We hope to return some point to enjoy this beautiful property once again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Christoph...
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I would like to begin by thanking Philippe and his staff for making our entire trip absolutely amazing from start to finish. From the months leading up to our stay, to the minute we got on the plane to come home, they all went above and beyond.
Our group stayed at Casa Phil for 10 nights, and consisted of 4 adults and 6 children (a 2 year old, three 4 year olds, an 8 year old and one 10 year old). The villa more than accommodated our group in terms of space and amenities. The home itself is absolutely spectacular. Very well appointed, beautifully furnished, and intelligently laid out in a way that is ideal for the setting and our situation. I can honestly say that we utilized every square inch of the home, and enjoyed spending time on every level, in every room, and every space.
Aside from enjoying the pool and the home, we also spent considerable time on the nearby beaches. Despite being very removed and secluded, the home is just a 5 minute walk down a private “hidden” road to the main beach. The beach itself is gorgeous, and while active on the weekends, we essentially had it to ourselves on weekdays. We also made a concerted effort to get out and about in the town of Las Terrenas proper, which was very worthwhile and I am glad we did so. Las Terrenas is very unique, especially relative to what you would (not) experience in an area like Punta Cana.
In terms of excursions, we went horseback riding to El Limon waterfall and zip lining in Playa El Valle. But the highlight by far was spending the day with Philippe on the buggy tour. I can’t imagine a day being more fun, more entertaining, or special.
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the staff by name. Andrea, Victor, Jenelle and Danielle made the trip for us. They doted on our children, tended to our every need, and went above and beyond to make our stay as peaceful and stress free as possible. Andrea in particular deserves special mention as both the cocinera y jefe de la casa. Her cooking was filled with joy and love, and I already miss her pancakes, rice pudding, chicken and frijoles.

I can recommend this home, host and staff without reservation or hesitation. Do yourself a favor and come to Casa Phil! Thank you all again so much for making our stay at Casa Phil so unique and wonderful, and we will most definitely be back!

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing