“Lovely French Seafood restaurant”
Review of La ola

La ola
Ranked #22 of 151 Restaurants in Las Terrenas
Cuisines: Grill
Description: The Restaurant Is In Front Of The Sea, You Can Eat Fish And Seafood, French Or Spanish Kitchen, With Low Price
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Frances and Christine personally explain the menu and service is excellent. We rented just down the street at Residencial Paraiso so La Ola only 50m away by the water. Good prices and well worth a visit, or two.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We reside in Las Terrenas and with my wife, we rent homes and "La Ola" : The Wave is virtually on top of the list of restaurants that we recommend to our guests. As an expat we consider her prices to be very reasonable. Her menu is simple yet offers a variety of select dishes with just the right "sauce". Bon Appetit"

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Walking around on our first day in Las Terrenas found this little restaurant, the host is super nice...Nice French lady explains the menu herself with much detail, I had a fish but didn't like it to be honest. I did enjoy the entertainment and the attention given to us.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Arriving from abroad, where we expected to dine with friends at a private dinner, we found out at the last minute it wasn't happening for various reasons.

Our "hosts" not wanting to leave us with these unforseen circumstances, we were taken to this "restaurant".

I have never had a worse New Years/Dinner.

No atmosphere, nothing for the celebration - just a menu for the evening that I shouldn't imagine being served in a school cantine.

No refinement in the food or its presentation.

There are SO many restaurants in LT to avoid this one......

I apologise in advance for those that enjoyed it; maybe New Years Eve wasn't an evening they expected clients.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

A rustic building on the beach with welcoming, lively hosts from the south of France---what could go wrong? A humdrum cook in the kitchen. The menu looks inviting and varied, but the food does not live up to expectations. I had a whole fish (grouper) which was overcooked and quite dry. The entire time that I was eating it, I thought about how much better a whole grouper is prepared around the corner at Plaza Delfin. Moreover, the vegetables were bland and forgettable. My dinner companions had dorado fillets (mahi mahi), but were also unimpressed. Everything is OK, but that is all. Nothing stands out above the ordinary. This place would have great potential if an imaginative chef was hired.