“Great Italian restaurant”

Ristorante Tio Bello
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Las Terrenas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was the best restaurant I ate at during my 7 day stay in Las Terranes. The food was authentic and the flavor was amazing. It reminded me of my Italian Aunts cooking in the kitchen. Highly recommend stopping here for dinner. YUM!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Although it is located at the "wrong" end of town, e.g. about 25 mins walk away from the beach strip, and like many restaurants in LT suffers from endless noisy traffic, Tio Bello keeps the Italian residents very happy with affordable authentic dishes from Naples and the South. Keep it simple and go with a pasta dish and salad - I had the bolognese and my wife had the clams. Sadly they did not offer any fresh juices but the vino tinto was just fine. Grazie Mama ... we'll add this to our list of midweek reliables!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 11 January 2018

The food here was good - a big choice of pasta dishes and main courses. The only problem is the road it is on.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The place is really nice, the food was delicious and the host was very nice.
A nice Italian restaurant in the Dominican Republic.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Being a bit skimpy on opening hours, we have always managed to come when they have closed. However, today we made it. The interior is spartan to say the least and you can choose outside of inside. We had Gnocchi both of us - one Sorrentina and one Rabiata. The Sorrentina was a bit lame but the Rabiata was one of the best I've had. We asked the friendly owner some questions and she explained everything on detail. A nice touch! No written menu so you have to listen carefully when they tell you what they offer.
It was a nice experience, but come before 2.30 of you want lunch, and we are certainly going to come back.

Date of visit: March 2017