“Beautiful deck has been done up really well,”

Down Under Bar and Grill
Ranked #54 of 119 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Down Under Bar & Grill is a vibrant Bar and Bistro in the Heart of Airlie Beach. Offering great value Breakfast & Dinner plus an unrivalled night-time atmosphere. Situated at the top end of the main street with views of the Whitsunday's from our Beer Garden, it doesn't matter if you require Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner. We have you covered.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We went for afternoon nibbles and wine. This was great service, well priced drinks and meals, all in all good value for money. Lovely on a nice warm day sitting out there.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Totally renovated after Cyclone Debbie and renamed Boaty's. New menu and the Thai Chicken Salad and Lamb Rack tasted amazing. Lovely setting, friendly staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I've been there on last monday and have taken part in the ladyboys contest after drinking like three jugs of whiskey ginger on my own (a real consumption!).
It has really been lots of fun and we had an unforgettable night at down under. Just can recommend this bar!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

My only problem with this place is that it was recommended by the sail company as an after party. Encouraged to come at 7pm and get a dinner and drink for $12 which is a great deal. But they also said we would get a free drink around 9 but that didn't happen until 10 so we were all waiting for the drink but if they could have been upfront we would have just ordered drinks while we waited ... Just a buzz kill

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This place was a catastrophe. Worst customer service ever. The main bartender/manager in the yellow shirt was one of the rudest people I've met. I was given a free drink voucher since I was staying at the hostel nearby and he wouldn't let me use it; not only that, he got angry that I even tried to. You were warned!