“JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER & BETTER”
Review of Palette Dining

Palette Dining
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Katoomba
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: When we created Palette Dining, our ambition was to produce a menu that was not limited by geography or defined by a single culinary style. Modern Australian cuisine is an amalgam of cultures and styles and our food reflects & embraces that vast breadth of influence. Our menu whilst global in inspiration is local in provenance. Seasonal and balanced, our food reflect the bounty of the mountains and the best of what is available at any given time from our growers and suppliers.
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Romantic dinner for 2 and what a treat! Started the evening as regulars with a complimentary champagne and appetizer. Was pleasantly surprised when our favourite waiter was back & the menu had new additions to it. The food is so excellent it is hard to make a choice and just keeps getting better & better. That evening my Husband decided Palette was where he wanted to celebrate his up and coming birthday. Katrina is a gifted restaurater. *****

1  Thank sloanranger58
Petrina K, General Manager at Palette Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
It is always reassuring when our favourite locals keep coming back and let us know we are appreciated.
We are so happy to have Matt back, he has been with us since day 1 (apart from his short stint down the road) and is truly a part of the Palette family.

We look forward to having you back soon :)
From the team at Palette Dining

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

It’s been a few months.. my husband and I have since returned to our normal shift working lives.. it’s been hectic, otherwise I’d have written this sooner.

We travelled from the central west to the mountains for our anniversary weekend. We stayed at the Hydro Majestic. ( seperate review). I researched nearby restaurants for over two weeks. Palette Dining kept blipping on my radar. I took notice. I peered in. I looked further. I read every review I could find. Good and bad. And their respective responses.

Here is my review.

My first impression was .. ‘ organised chaos’

We arrived slightly early through our booked taxi. Our dinner was booked for 7. The gentleman who greeted us was lovely from the outset and directed us upstairs for drinks.. happy to oblige!
We made it to the bar which was cosy and quaint.. I felt instantly comfortable. Though I am a wine drinker , I was enchanted by the cocktail list and focused on it. Nathan the mixologist does a fantastic job, my first cocktail the ‘maple old fashioned ‘ was stunning.

Moving down stairs to our table, we were greeted by our waitress who was lovley, and proceeded to enjoy our courses at a leisurely pace which suited us fine. There was a bit of a wait between entree and main..totally understandable given the packed status of the restaurant, but we were kindly offered some fresh bread to tide us over and it was great. I had three courses and my hubby had two and thoroughly enjoyed it all.

I did notice that upon paying our bill, one of my cocktails was not listed, and corrected that... but on further inspection after we had left i realised we had also not been charged for my dessert. Im sorry i didnt bring this to attention. We would definately return if we are ever in the mountains again. Thanks so much for a relaxed enjoyable night guys. Two thumbs up!

Petrina K, General Manager at Palette Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Wow, what a review. It's worthy of a travel magazine.
Thank you so much for taking the time. We are so happy to have stayed on your mind and to have you write about it so long after. Trust us when we say we understand shift work.
Hope to have you back some time.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We dined here after scenery walk day.

We went to upstairs to have cocktails and our very first positive surprise was their visiting bartender - he prepared really special for us and have to say that he sold the 2nd and 3rd cocktails by his professionalism and excellent behaviour!

Restaurant downstairs offered really good food.

Menu wasn't too big and complex. Chef wants to keep things simple which is good!

Food was delicious and tasty.

Service in restaurant was really good and friendly!

Price quality ratio is excellent and we can highly recommend this restaurant to all fellow travellers!

Great thanks to Palette Dining staff! Keep up this way and your success will be guaranteed!

Petrina K, General Manager at Palette Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much. This is a lovely review.
We are happy when guests get to experience both levels, our cocktails are definitely a good way to wind down in a relaxed atmosphere after an awesome day hiking and sightseeing.
We are very lucky to have the team we have.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We visit the upstairs diner weekly for great cocktails and dinner. Today we had dinner again in the fine dining restaurant downstairs and it was, again, incredible. The food is consistently amazing. Come in and try the cocktail specials from the new barman. They are outstanding!

They are so good with my family and our little girl who has specific needs and can get very fussy. She loved it there. They are so accommodating and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We can't rave about them enough.

Petrina K, General Manager at Palette Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

It's always a pleasure having you in. Our staff appreciate your encouragement and positive attitude.
Your daughter is gorgeous, it'd easy to accommodate your lovely little family.
See you again soon

Best regards from the team at Palette Dining

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We ate here as a group, and we were very well looked after, our meals were fantastic and despite the noise we made having a great time the staff were so good at looking after us! Will definitely come back again!

Petrina K, General Manager at Palette Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

It was lovely having your group in to dine with us, you created a "atmosphere".
Thank you for leaving a review, we sincerely appreciate it. If you do come back please be sure to let us know you left such a positive review.