This hotel has so many good features that it should rate a solid four stars BUT too many things were wrong during our stay for a Yulefest weekend. We checked in at 2pm and we're advised (very pleasantly) that our room wouldn't be ready before 3.30pm. When we finally had access to the room it was beautiful. The king size bed was comfortable and provided a good night sleep. The next day the wheels well and truly fell off. Breakfast was appalling. The food was cold and tasteless. The coffee was like black tar and the tea was no better. It was pretty obvious that very cheap and poor quality ingredients were used. After a day out we returned to our room and almost laughed at the sad housekeeping attempt. The bed looked like it had been made by a two year old. The pillows on the bed looked as though whoever made the bed had then laid down for a sleep. In the bathroom only one towel was replaced and the shower gel was not renewed. And then, just like magic everything changed. Our Yulefest dinnner was really good. There was, however, a noticeable difference in staff skills and ability. Some were excellent while others were clueless. Our breakfast the next morning was great but after our breakfast experience the previous day we took our own coffee and I'm sad to say just as well we did. The coffee and tea was the same as the day before. I raised my concerns with Ron when we checked out and he apologised and seemed to believe that the problem was that Yulefest weekends are high volume and the hotel staff try their hardest. Sorry, not good enough, I have stayed at much larger hotels that cope very well. There is so much that is good about this hotel, it's a real shame that they are not consistent with their services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in our lounge café where we serve locally produce best coffee and selective locally grown organic wines and beers. ENJOY OUR NEW FREE WIFI FROM ALL ROOMS!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palais Royale Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Palais Royale Boutique Hotel Blue Mountains/Katoomba