“A must visit for breakfast, which is served all day.”
Review of Benchtop Espresso

Benchtop Espresso
Ranked #1 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Lismore
Description: Boutique cafe offering speciality coffees and tea, using Organic Barambah milk and Organic Locale beans. The cafe serve a range of middle eastern and meditirenian meals for brakefast and lunch.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I visited for an early breakfast. This is a bustling little cafe with an extensive blackboard menu. I choose the Breakis Burger. What a surprise this was. The egg was cooked in the style of a Spanish Omelet and served with crispy bacon and green leaves. Excellent.
The coffee was exceptional and several different coffee beans were available.
The coffee was made by a skilled barista and served by a friendly helpful staff.
A visit to Lismore without a coffee at Benchtop Espresso would be a wasted trip.
I look forward to a visit for lunch soon.

Gera D, Owner at Benchtop Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words, so glad you enjoyed your visit :)
please come again soon

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

After exploring the graffiti lanes of Lismore head down to 114 Keen Street to Benchtop espresso for a great cup of coffee and a snack to unwind.

The coffee menu is extensive from the local house blend to a rotating single origin selection if coffee if your unable to decide try you can mix it up with a few flavours side so you can compare the flavours

If coffee is not your thing they have tea too.

If your in bunch and looking for lunch platters they do them to.

So if your town pop on round for a cup or two.

glad you liked our little cafe

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Have been here a few times. Have had some nice coffees but sometimes lately coffee has been ordinary unfortunately. Food is nice with some interesting choices. Waitresses always very friendly. Lately a disappointment has been coming here on cold mornings, it can be freezing inside the place. We asked the waitress whether the heater could be switched on, she checked with the owner who sent her back with a lame excuse about not wanting to do that because it would get too warm. We were gobsmacked as it would have made more sense to at least turn it on for a short while to take the chill off. As I said, disappointing. Not very customer focused.

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our cafe, I can only assure you our cafe is very much dedicated to improving every customers experience,
I also would like to apologies for the miss understanding regarding our air conditioner which has not been in working condition after the floods and we are still waiting on to be fixed, it is true that our cafe can get very cold in winter and very hot in summer but as it is completely open, effective cooling and heating using an air con, working or not, can be ineffective and very expensive as well, we are planning some options to close the front window in order to improve on that before the summer but they are not yet installed, for that reason we have been offering warm blankets as a temporary solution until we get the cafe insulated and our air con fixed.
I understand that this information will not improve your past experiences but can only hope that you will understand the difficulties we are facing in fighting the extremes of nature in an open environment cafe and that you will be interested in paying us another visit.
I can guarantee you that no customer complain is left un-addressed, and that we are more than happy to make and re-make as many items of food or drink until you are completely satisfied with their quality.
I will be more than grateful if you would like to email me directly on benchtopespresso@gmail.com so that we discuss this matter further and address any concerns you may have

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Benchtop appears to be a tiny space at the entrance to a non-descript arcade in Keen Street. You can even pick up your takeaway coffee order from the footpath via the service window and there is some seating on the street. But have a look inside: it is light and airy, not cramped at all. Little tables are set up in an interior space decorated to feel like a garden. My favourite spot is the little couch at the far end: I can sit there and read my book while sipping a coffee. And tables have been arranged in the arcade space. Service is friendly and impeccable. Coffee is strong but without the acid edge. They do interesting coffee drinks and a menu that offers nice choices for a light snack or a good lunch. Pastries and sweet options are very nice and they have real croissants!

Gera D, Owner at Benchtop Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Can't ask for much more. Up for the day from Sydney. This is a real little gem. Open nice and early. Plenty of good food options. The staff and ambience are great. The barista knows what he's doing. I'd highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.