“don’t order on app-can’t call this restaurant!”

Kasalong Thai Cuisine
Reserve a table
Fri, 24/09
20:00
Ranked #42 of 91 Restaurants in North Ryde
Reviewed 14 August 2021

good food but terrible service when ordering on an app..
ordered on menulog, received an ETA, ETA had passed than suddenly it said “enjoy your food” no food was at our door. contacted menulog to find out kasalong we’re delivering the food themselves. can’t call the restaurant through menulog or even just from google
absolutely ridiculous that you cannot call this restaurant! the food was finally delivered 1 HOUR AFTER the ETA.
good food but attrocious service and terribly late.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed 29 December 2020

Restaurant seems its been there for a long time , located first floor of shop house décor very outdated.
dishes are very large portion , but the taste very bland.
Service on the slow pace.
It is not the fresh Thai cuisine that I would hurry back to.

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank Michael I
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Food is good but the middle old age waitress really didn't know how to be a waitress.

She was black face as soon as we walked in. Took our order from another table two meters away like we had a coronavirus. Disappeared after taking the order and I had to go to the kitchen inside to ask for something, found her chatting with the chef and eating a carrot inside.

Worst of all, she handed out one menu only but hid the lunch special menu. I found out at the end so I paid more by ordering the same food. Her cheeky behaviour was not the first time. Last time we went there, she was there, too (only one waitress). I ordered one bowl of rice and she charged me two serve of rice. Both time I went there, we were the only customers in the whole restaurant so there was no way she would mix that up.

Maybe she was a relative to the boss. I would sack her immediately.

Lastly, the restaurant is old and dirty. It made the light dark so you cannot see the dust. The carpet really sticky.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

I placed an order online - 2 meals. One was a noodle dish the other a pork curry. In the special instructions, I specifically requested no chilli in the noodle dish it triggers my asthma though not allergic I am spice sensitive. When the meals arrive surprisingly 15 minutes early, I took a mouthful - immediately my mouth started burning, I thought “ no must be my imagination” so I took another mouthful BAM full blown asthma attack. The firm I ordered through very VERY concerned & cost was refunded they couldn’t have been more helpful & concerned for my health. I’m ok, but just as easily, I could have ended up in hospital - or worse. Beware of this restaurant they obviously don’t understand plain English.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 19 June 2019

I booked a work dinner for 13, the waitress was the grumpiest most unfriendly Thai person I think I ever met, we had to get our own glasses, had to adjust the AC ourselves the food was nice we got the banquet which included ice cream tea/coffee, we had to chase them for the ice cream and were told they had no tea or coffee.
Seriously if the waitress smiled ever I think her face would fall off.
She must be driving people away from that place in droves, won't see us again.

Date of visit: June 2019