Perouse Lodge
US$115
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee Sydney(Coogee)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Veriu Randwick(Randwick)(Great Value!)
US$95
Royal Hotel at Randwick(Randwick)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$137
Hotels.com
US$157
US$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments(Coogee)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$106
Hotwire.com
US$163
US$96
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Meriton Suites Zetland(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Waterloo(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Pool
All reviewscoogee beachbus stopprince of walesminute walktwin roomshort stayrooms are smallcomfortable bedthe ritzthe ground floorshopping centrecommunal kitchenhot waterenjoyable staylaundry facilitiesbondi junctionwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We were greeted at reception by a young woman called Romsel. Check-in was very efficient and professional, we'd booked our room online and only had to sign one form once. That's the sort of check-in I like. The room itself was a little small but otherwise fine, while the ensuite was of acceptable size. Though not brand spanking new the lodge is contemporary in terms of furniture, fittings, etc.

The room had a wardrobe which is of sufficient capacity for a couple travelling with several days worth of luggage. A wooden cupboard unit contained a bar fridge, kettle, tea, coffee, and sugar, a small selection of cutlery and crockery, plus a DVD player for the TV. There is a nice cafe right outside the front door which is great for breakfast and coffee.

We had a room at the back which was quiet. A group of people were chatting in the hallway rather animatedly on the ground level near the lodge entrance as we came in one evening, so I could imagine rooms nearby could be noisy unless they have some sort of sound proofing. By the way, the lodge has a number of staircases, but no lifts, in case that is an issue.

All up our stay was enjoyable, and while we were really only sleeping there as we were out for most of the day, would certainly stay again.

One thing though, we knew towels would be changed, and bins emptied, every 2 days (we stayed several nights), which we were fine with. Now we'd had a rather late night and were woken by the cleaner at about noon (so it's not like it was super early or anything) asking if we wanted a towel change.

We could not find a 'do not disturb' sign in the room to put on the door though. The option to opt-out of such things would have been nice and 'do not disturb' signs surely couldn't be too much trouble to supply?

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance & reception could be noisy, ask for something upstairs or at the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I am very happy to be staying at the Perouse Lodge, Randwick again, for 16 days. I believe this says much about the place.

I am not an overly-fussy person, but I do like to be able to feel comfortable - and I'm quite comfortable at the Perouse Lodge.

It seems to be a rather busy place - I made my bookings in August 2011, for a stay in December 2011.

I keep reading about the high price of staying at the Perouse Lodge. However, I've paid more for a much smaller room in many parts of Japan.

The place is kept clean by the staff. It is rather unfortunate that some guests mess up the kitchen (which I use a lot) and do not clean up after themselves :( This is the reason for my slighty-less-than-Excellent rating for "Cleanliness".

There are some areas in the room which I am staying in and in the kitchen which require some upgrading, but I guess it would be done in good time ... before my next visit ;)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2011

i was only in for the one night myself and my 8 month old baby.. i arrived after hours so my key was in the safe box out the front.. i was lucky to get one of the parking spots out the back at that hour so it was easier to carry my luggage up the stairs ( baby in the other arm haha). my room was small but for one night it was enough.. the bed was comfy... a couple of negatives.. my lamp didn't work , and i cut myself on small shards of glass on the floor under the bedside table ( trying to find out why the lamp didn't work)... i did let the receptionist know when i handed in my key..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank F_P00
Reviewed 14 December 2011

In the past i've resorted to tripadvisor when i wasnt happy with a hotel but i've decided to post reviews when i've been very happy in hotels i've stayed. On arrival at the perouse lodge i wasnt sure what to expect as i had read some mixed reviews. Myself and my partner were staying there for our last week in sydney after 1.5 years living there between ending the lease on our furnished apartment and flying home.

Checkin at reception was quick, we werent asked for a credit card as they had that from the booking and had the room key in a few seconds. My first impression was that the room was small and a little dark but once i seen the large modern bathroom, powerful shower, airconditioning and large fridge, plates and other bits in the room we were happy.
The hotel had a small courtyard downstairs with a bbq and a kitchen with 2 microwaves, a cooker and a laundry with ironing board. Guests have their own plates and cutlery in the rooms so its nice not to have to use shared stuff from the kitchen.
The bed was nice and firm and very comfy. At the front of the hotel there is a small cafe which served which served very nice food and had friendly nice.

The Cambodian receptionist who checked us in and checkout was very professional and friendly and really made a difference to our experience in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eastwesteire
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Perouse Lodge is very well located within minutes of lots of good restaurants and shops and a 15 minute walk to UNSW. The lady at reception was lovely and obliging, and the room was well equipped with TV, fridge etc. My main criticism is the size of the room which is really too small for two people. As a result only one side of our bed had a bedside table with lamp (as the other side was pushed too close to the wall). The ensuite needs some counter space and hooks to be more comfortable. We got free internet as we had a long booking which was a nice surprise. The rooms are clean and the air conditioning was very welcome! Parking is very challenging as there are only three spaces available as part of the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as it's quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple