“Simply magnificent 5 course taster menu!”

Tides Waterfront Dining
Ranked #6 of 212 Restaurants in Caloundra
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My son and I have been traveling the east coast and we stumbled upon a lovely town called Caloundra.
Not knowing much about the town we turned to our trusty companion trip advisor to find a suitable place to eat.
There was a multitude of fancy restaurants to choose from, after spending some time deliberating what to go for we opted for the fancy fine dining experience.
Now, ‘Tides’ wasn’t rated as the top venue in Caloundra - but my god it should be!
From being seated to departing the experience was nothing short of 5 stars.
Tony, our attentive waiter, was just sublime.
The food, where to begin, from the appetiser consisting of a selection of 3 tasty teasers, then came the marinated tuna starter with various flavours enhancing the dish, after the sorbet to cleanse our pallets we then had 2 smaller dishes 1 pork which my son and I agreed was the best pork dish we’ve ever had, then a beautiful beef dish which again was amazing, lastly came the delicious desert which was again scrumptious.
All in all we would highly recommend ‘Tides’!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 8 November 2017

It would have to be one of the best around,have had lunch and dinner there,it is good to know the food and service is consistent,i think it is one of the best restaurant in the area

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Great spot on a summer evening, unfortunately the food was fair at best
Entrees were basically glorified bar snacks
Main course was good quality but a bit small
Desserts platter was basically a kilo of sugar turned into various shapes and colours
Rude front of house staff, might get away with it in italy, not in caloundra

Reviewed 28 October 2017

WOW WOW WOW!! What a gorgeous place to have a romantic dinner! Opposite the beautiful Pumicestone Passage at Bulcock Beach...amazing food, great personalized service and lovely setting. Isn't the cheapest place to eat in Caloundra for sure, but for a special occasion definitely will impress your partner!! She or he will love you for it!

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The setting was beautiful, the people were excellent, the layout was appealing, and the view spectacular at sunset.
But perhaps it too much of a "fine dining" experience. We paid a lot of money for such a little amount of food. And yes I can hear you all say about quality v quantity, but my $42 plate had a piece of steak about the size of a matchbox on it, plus a piece of brisket about the same size and a tiny piece of potato. That was it. My wife had a piece of barramundi about the size of two matchboxes and it cost the same. We then had to add a very small bowl of chips for $10.
There is no denying it tasted nice, but I have had brisket and steak that have tasted as good or better for a lot less, and the ambiance and the view were available at many other restaurants along the waterfront. It seemed to lack value for money.
Like I said, it probably says more about me than them.

1  Thank John W