“Totes Amazeballs (said my 7 year old!)”
Review of Chapters On The Terrace - CLOSED

Chapters On The Terrace
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chapters on the terrace is a WA family owned and operated tapas bar and restaurant. Chapters is located on the Mandurah foreshore, with spectacular views of the estuary. Chapters offers quality value for money meals, in a friendly and entertaining environment, and prides itself on excellent service. Dine in and Takeaway Extensive menu from tapas to large meals and dessert Great Coffee Daily Specials Vast cocktail menu Live Music Find us on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest specials and events Chapters on The Terrace also caters for functions and events, please contact Daisie or Neil at Chapters to discuss your needs
Reviewed 28 January 2015

I never write reviews.. but I can't NOT write one for this place! It was a stinking hot day and had my old Nanna in tow who insisted we didn't go anywhere noisy so stumbled across Chapters by chance as 'next door' closed the kitchen early, well its their loss because I've found a gem! Loved the attention to detail in the decor! even down to the cute embracing s & p shakers, birds nest style light fittings which match the candle holders on the tables, the coolest armchairs and couches complete with bookshelves containing best selling authors and smooth music in the background. The walls are busy with retro Marilyn Monroe canvasses over industrial feeling wallpaper, all keeping to a black/red/white/silver colour scheme. That's even before we sat down!
The waitress was straight on to it and very helpful, giving my Nan extra time...twice...to decide what she wanted and politely explaining to her what Tapas is and why it wouldn't be worth her while just ordering one single dish.. The kids meals were served promptly and didn't disappoint either in taste or presentation! (The chips came in this cool mini ice bucket and the pizza on a wooden mini chopping board) which my boy thought was great. AND the kids eat FREE on weekdays!
The coffee was great and came in a large mug, and the meals were well timed. I had the Chapters burger which I thought would be a simple cheap meal, but OMG the flavours and colours and freshness and individuality of the dish was second to none! The bread was sort of turkish bread slightly toasted with seeds and the flavour was incredible. It came with chips but there was no need as the burger alone was extremely filling and i was satisfied! Nanna had the sticky pork ribs which were smothered in that really sticky sweet rib sauce that is so yum you want to lick the plate! She made sure I asked for business cards so she could spread the word around her Lifestyle Village lol. There are only 2 things that could be improved if i'm honest and they would be the toilets ( you have to leave the restaurant, go out the back past the dirty utilities cupboards and cleaning equipment, and the toilets themselves need upgrading they are quite run-down) and the fact that you can see the chef cooking in the kitchen.. ok granted the guy makes great food but it was clear to see that he was either in a bad mood or isn't the most inviting of people lol.. i'll leave that to the imagination...
So now we've done the family thing I can't wait to round the girls up and get into the cocktail list!!

Reviewed 7 January 2015

loved chapters on the terrace .
GREAT FOOD
GREAT WINE MENU
and nice music... lady singing..
would go again

Reviewed 5 January 2015

Love going here and having the frozen strawberry daqueries! They are the tastiest I've had anywhere. Nice to sit out the front and watch the world go by. Did have the pork belly from the tapas menu which wasn't the best but the rest of the food looked fine.

Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

Typical Aussie bar lunch fare. Has tapas and is labelled as Spanish but that is about as Spanish as it gets. Retro 1970s decor. Hard chairs although there are some lounge chairs available. BeeGees music on loop gets a bit annoying.

Reasonable prices for average food. Salt and pepper squid and chips seem to be straight out of a packet. The salad was fresh and the garlic bread was good.

Nothing special at lunchtime but perhaps it improves at night.

Reviewed 12 December 2014

We intended on going elsewhere but found a parking spot right in front of Chapters so thought we'd take a look. One quick read of the menu outside and we were sold. We ordered a wine and scotch and enjoyed them outside while we decided on our meals. I picked the trio of prawns and my husband chose the garlic prawns with some beer battered fries to share. I thought everything on the menu sounded delicious and I was pleased with the price, everything was very reasonable. We decided to sit inside to eat as it was a little warm. The food came quickly and everything was very tasty. We both were very happy with our choices. The only downside to our experience was that I think they forgot our fries but after reminding the staff, they too came to the table quickly. I would definitely visit again. Very nice.

1  Thank KellyAndCliff